Cheapest Actinic Catalog V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapest Actinic Catalog V8

Anyone seen Actinic Catalog V8 going at a good price?

Direct from actinic was the cheapest I found. This is because it is a new release.

You can probably find cheaper older versions out there but problems of authenticity may arise.
    Leigh Robinson

Hand forged, hand folded custom swords
    http://www.masterforge.co.uk

Comment

Last week in Sainsbury's they had a 2 for 1 offer on Actinic, not sure if they have the promotion running still.

Seriously now, there are some cheaper instances of Actinic out there, but you have to be so careful that the license key isn't already in use and it just doesn't seem sensible to take the risk. Plus as MF says, they are more than likely V7 anyway.

If you find anywhere be sure to let us know!

Comment

thanks

thanks for you reply, its just I bought Actinic Catalog client by error, well was kinda misled from ebay, it is legit as had licence checked first but when I got it,it was just client which now leaves me in a bad position.

I do webdesign too but after reading forums it seems it is ok to use full catalog set up someones site and then transfer the software.

Designer at another £350 is way too much for me, the thing that sucks is I paid £230 for Catalog client!!!!

:O(

NOT HAPPY!

Comment

you can probably get a % discount from an Actinic approved reseller, this will be legit too.

Comment

The only way i can see you getting round this is to resell the client software and when you have a site to create, purchase the full catalog product, load this on your system, create the site, finish the site, load the software and the new shop onto clients pc and then deinstall the software off your own pc.

Next new site, repeat the process. While you have only the occasional Actinic site to build, this seems the best approach to me. Client pays for the software and you design it. With dreamweaver 8, photoshop CS2 and Visual Studio, my software purchases are on a hold!

Comment

I paid £230 for Catalog client!!!!
              This is odd as Actinic only sell Client to designers so who is it out there that is flogging it on ebay???

Comment

Has to be a designer's client who has now changed their mind - or its a bootleg copy.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

A fine example if ever there was......

People often tell us how cheap they have seen IT on ebay.

When always suggest that when they have a problem with IT they are free to take IT back to ebay.

Comment

Thanks for your replys...

Yeah Leehack that seems best way as I only do around 5 sites a year, I am currently using Clickcartpro and fed up with all the add ons and hassle with it.

This guy was just selling one on ebay and guess it was unwanted.

So the price for Actinic Catalog full is £390 + VAT

I hope Actinic is worth it! I am doing this one for my own project.

Comment

It's not perfect software, but i still think it's the best available. The popularity of this forum and the help users are prepared to put in it, (in their own time) is someting special. You won't go far wrong.

If you are doing around 5 a year, then i would say 100% follow what i recommended, there is no need for anything else.

Good luck!

Comment

Thats great, thats what I thought, sounds best to do that for sure.

Am I right in thinking then you only need this SSL for some of the gateways, as I will be using Nochex initally and then when business coming in more I will go for a bigger one.

Is there a list of what money systems Actinic can use?

Thanks

Comment

Cheapest is not always best.

Make sure you read up and that you are buying something that is new, and unregistered and not just the client copy (unless that is what you want of course )

Authorised Actinic Resellers can be confirmed by a quick call to Sales if in any doubt.

Regards
                          shameless self plug over....
                          Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                          Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by red_sea
                            Thats great, thats what I thought, sounds best to do that for sure.

Am I right in thinking then you only need this SSL for some of the gateways, as I will be using Nochex initally and then when business coming in more I will go for a bigger one.

Is there a list of what money systems Actinic can use?

Thanks
                            In payment methods there is a multitude of options you can use with Actinic. I think Paypal is about the simplest. The difficulty and time to implement others depends on who you choose. Personally, i would only use PROTX or process myself using either Actinic shared SSL or my own SSL. This is not an area where i am too hot to be honest and something i need to expand on. Nochex, barclays epdqnskvkjv (or whatever its called), HSBC and alike are all a little foggy for me.

My knowledge of the forum tells me Bill and Malcolm are your best in this area, at least they would be my first port of call.

CALLING BILL or MALCOLM, is anybody there?

Comment

You really do not need an ssl if you are using a PSP IMHO as they all take you to a secure server for process.

If you are processing your own payments then a certificate will be needed for your customer comfort.

Actinic has many integrated PSPs and they are not too hard to configure, full advice is available with your bank/designer or here...

Regards
                              Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                              Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                              X