Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Order number on Actinic different to Protx.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order number on Actinic different to Protx.

I'm using Protx for my PSP and have just noticed a problem. When my invoices print out the order number reads:

ED51EA-1000-0104

I carry out quite a few refunds, so when I type this ref number into Protx, I get, this payment not found, when I search by date I can find the order and the actual ref number on the protx server is:

ED51EA10000104-63326

Why does Actinic not print the same unique number in the same format as Protx? It's making my life hell when it comes to refunds.

Is there a setting I should change in Actinic?

Thanks for any help.

Those hyphens are a new addition in v8. The invoice can be altered only with Crystal Reports version 8.5 - no other version, no other way. Jan over at Mole End offers a customisation service.

It may make your life easier if you can avoid the refunds - have you investigated using Pre-authorisation with Protx?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill,
      I need to contact Jan about customising the invoice so I'll get her to also sort out the invoice ref number. I'll also look into the Protx Pre-authorisation.

Thanks a lot

Shacks

Comment

I've just contacted Moleend and Pat has told me that Protx add some extra numbers to the end of the Actinic order number. This is pants because I then end up with a reference number that doesn't match.
        I have just switched from '' and their order reference number matched perfectly to Protx. Can Actinic do some work to sort this out? I'ts a real pain.
        Shacks

Comment

The way to match it up is to use the last 4 digits of the Actinic number, that is a sequence number of sorts and will always be unique. So the last 4 digits of your Actinic number will match the lat 4 before the dash on the one in your protx email. I'm assuming that you will be matching them visually rather than by using a program of some sort.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
          X