UK Supply only issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Supply only issue

Our website is only designed to supply to folk in the UK so I have disabled the Stae list box and have removed all countries from the Country Drop Down List, leaving United Kingdom as the only entry (via Settings|Locations).

On checkout there is no longer a dropdown but just the text 'United Kingdom'.

Snag is, when I click on Next I get the following:

Select Shipping Destination - The country/region combination you selected is invalid. Please check and re-enter your selection.

http://burns.writemedia.co.uk

If anyone wants to take a look, you are welcome. I've looked through the AUG and cannot find anything and have searched the forum without success.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Mike
    Boy, this is a big learning curve.....and YES I've got my crampons on!
    www.shop.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk

Can you provide a screenshot of your shipping details, i reckon its in there the problem.

Comment

Here it is:

I haven't started sorting the shipping out yet, thought I would start with the functionality.....wrong move I guess!!

Mike
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry so long getting back.

Can i recommend that you get your shipping tables as you finally want them and then try. It's important to note that at checkout these tables are used for the options and costing etc. and are an integral part of the shopping cart at this stage.

I cannot guarantee this will solve your problem, but once you have it as required, it's something crossed off the to do box and something eliminated as the problem.

If the problem persists, post in here what exactly you are doing for it to fail and also a screenshot of the shipping table for that particular condition and i will be more than happy to help you.

I don't want to seem unhelpful or telling you what to do, however without your shipping options input, it can be a bit like trying to start a car without a battery connected etc.

Comment

Lee

Thanks for that, I'll give that a go, meanwhile I will add another country to my list so that it will reinstate the dropdown dialog which will mean I can carry on testing the content at least.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Lee i am not sure, but i think i remember someone else have this issue and it was something to do with the TAX needs to be set to simple.

Cheers
            Darren

Comment

Cool if it's that simple, something i've learnt for the day!

Cheers

Comment

Not sure, but something in the grey matter stired when i read the thread.

Cheers
                Darren

Comment

I agree with Darren

you need to get your table zones to match the shipping zones.

see my post re the same thing... http://community.actinic.com/showthr...0&highlight=UK

Comment

Thought i had seen it somewhere, At least i know i am not going mad.

Now where is that goat

Comment

Excellent, thanks folks, I'll try that one tomorrow.

Sometimes you think you are alone in the world....thank goodness for forums!!

BTW, if anyone needs to know how to restore a 67-80 VW bus....see me!!

Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X