X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggested Improvements/Wish List: FAO Actinic Developers

Dear Actinic Developers

Would it be possible to include the following features:

Move sections up or down. Currently I seem to have to always click and drag a section to change the order they are displayed, if the section contains sub-sections and products this can take forever!

XML sitemap generator - It would be great if actinic were to generate an xml sitemap a feature which to my knowledge is not included currently. This is always nice if you use Google Sitemaps.

Database of changed pages/settings: Currently whenever I publish, actinic has to check every single html page, there are literally thousands to go thorugh, surely there must be an easier way to store a list of changes made before publishing? This would drastically improve upload times.

History Tab - Could you implement a history tab which stores recent changes? Something like the tool in photoshop, this would make undoing much much less painful and less hit and miss.

I think I had a few other useful ideas but they seem to have popped out of my head...

Also sorry if this should be in another forum, couldn't see a wish list thread anywhere else.

Many thanks

couldn't see a wish list thread anywhere else
    The wish list is on the main Actinic website.

Comment

Have a look at mole-end.biz for some good little tools

I agree about the moving of sections, if you have to re-order the list you have to move everything.

Cheers
      Darren

Comment

XML sitemap generator - It would be great if actinic were to generate an xml sitemap a feature which to my knowledge is not included currently. This is always nice if you use Google Sitemaps.
        Our product mash product has a free sitemap generator for Google and Yahoo, you can download it here :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Mar...r_Actinic.html

We have a sorting tool as well that helps with reordering, not for just general moving of sections though, more details here, this one isn't free though :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Cat...ting_Tool.html

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

You can duplicate the existing Site Map layout and alter the underlying code to produce this.

I did this recently to generate a Site Map UL list on every page that's used to make a search engine friendly dynamic menu. See www.drillpine.biz/v8norlist/
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Our product mash product has a free sitemap generator for Google and Yahoo, you can download it here :
            does it include brochure pages yet Jan

Comment

Thanks - these are some good suggestions. I've been working with some large sites over the last few days and these would definitely make my life much easier.

I've passed these onto the team.

Comment

Originally posted by fatoftheland
                Move sections up or down. Currently I seem to have to always click and drag a section to change the order they are displayed, if the section contains sub-sections and products this can take forever!
                Can you be more specific on this one? I have a pretty big product range (2000 products and even more sections) but dragging and dropping sections doesn't take very long. Do you have preview switched on maybe? Or do you mean it takes a long time to get things in the right order because you can only drag to the top of the list...?
                John

Comment

Working...
                X