Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where has the Act primary gone?

Hello...

I just received my Multi Site version of V8 and I'm thinking I should have made time to read some beta version comments as I'm looking that this with new eyes. I was thinking that I was just getting the knack of V7 when it all changes again.

I understand Basic HTML and can get what I want out of Dreamweaver and with the help of the community have managed to get out current sites looking the way we what. But looking at the new version has but the cat amoung the pigeons for me!

I started to create a new site with a simple layout which I thought would upgrade easily but when I do this all the extra table cells I added in Dreamweaver disappears and I can't for the life of me see where I go to add them back in! It has to be starting me in the face but I can't see it for looking at it. I think I might change the layout to use the executive layout rather than clean layout 6 but I would still like to add cells to the logo area and add in some images as its too plain as it is.

Can anyone please show me a light in the right direction and tell me whats replaced the Act_Primary and Act_BrochurePrimary?

Also how do you turn off the Login Feature?

Thanks for any help
    Christine

ps looking forward to using the new marketing features - will help us tremendously - Do you think when we upgate the current sites it will effect our natural listings - We've just got brolliesgalore to appear on google No.1 Page under umbrellas!
    www.brolliesgalore.co.uk - An umbrella for you and umbrellas for everyone!
    www.stickandcaneshop.co.uk - Walking Sticks and Canes of every shape and size
    www.umbrellaboutique.co.uk - Designer umbrellas and parasols
    www.wedding-umbrellas.co.uk - Chrysalin Wedding and Bridal Umbrellas and Parasols **Trade Only**

Templates like we knew then in v7 are no more.

Under v8 it is all contained in the local db which is accessed through the library of variables and layouts.

Take a look through the getting started guide and the v8 advanced user guide, as even those who know actinic very well in previous versions had to relearn and still are where a lot of stuff is in v8, but v8 is the next generation of Actinic, built from the ground up and a lot more function and abilities too boot.

Best of luck..

Comment

Working...
    X