Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing the Navigation bar

Hi,

I have looked through the user guide but cannot see how to add extra options to be nagivation bar and remove others. I will also need to change the order of the links and have the same navigation bar for each page.

Can someone help, please.

Regards,

Trev

try this thread...

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ght=navigation

I searched on the word navigation and found quite a lots of info that would help you

Comment

Thanks for the information.

One problem, what if you do not have dreamweaver?

I find it hard to beleive that Actinic have designed a system whereby you cannot edit the navigation bar without an external application.

Surely this can be done within Actinic itself.

Again, thanks for your help so far. I have seen one of your designs at test.pinbrook.net which is the type of navigation design I would like but I am unable to see how this is done.

Perhaps you could tell me how you did this. If I still need to get Actinic I guess I could download a trial.

Regards,

Trev

Comment

yes it can be done within Actinic.

go to design tree, and click on layout "Horizontal Nav Bar text links"

click to get thelayout displayed to you, in the layout tab, you should be able to see the links, so you can cut/paste to the desired order.

double click on each link to see theunderlying code to change the format (ie for test.pinbrook I removed the span classes and the [)

Comment

Jo,

Thanks for the quick responses so far.

I have followed your instructions and been able to edit the current navigation bar without a problem.

Can you tell me how to add a link/selection to the navigation bar.

Regards,

Trev

Comment

Just add the <a href > tag containing the link in the desired position

ie
            <a href="page.html">click here text</a>

Comment

Working...
            X