V8 in different browsers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8 in different browsers

Do sites made in V8 look the same in all browsers automatically?

No site made in the world can guarantee automatically looking fine in all browsers, which is why if this concerns you, you download each of the browsers and test it.

There are also sites around where you can check your site on older versions of a browser.

Comment

Thanks Lee, perhaps I should have been more specific. I am particularly interested to know if a V8 site will appear the same in current IE, Firefox and Netscape - can anyone confirm this?

Comment

Site rendering will depend on your code.

Do you mean will it appear different to v7 rendering?

If so then yes, it will render the same.

Standard V8 sites (internal themes) show up fine across all browsers to my knowledge...

Always have the big 4 on your pc and local preview is the best way forward.
        Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
        Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

I am particularly interested to know if a V8 site will appear the same in current IE, Firefox and Netscape
          a v8 site out of the box should render the same in all browsers.

But as soon as you start to make changes you then have to check each browser to ensure you don't make a change that causes the browsers to render differently.

it is a known fact when you are designing a site nowadays there are trillions of factors to consider, browsers and resolutions being the biggest ones

Comment

Derek

The main point to consider here is that whatever you do to your site, whether that be a totally standard one or an amended one, it is plain crazy not to take a look in other browsers as this is such a quick thing to do.

The browsers you ask about can all be downloaded free of charge and you can have 3 or 4 browsers loaded on your pc. Click on each one and navigate to your site and take a look, its that easy.

One of the key words on this issue is "should". If it "should" then it must be tested to confirm.

Comment

Working...
            X