Requested to manually reg files after V7 import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested to manually reg files after V7 import

I have imported a version 7 site into version 8 - After Actinic had completed this process it listed files that had not been imported, and stated this would have to be done maually. The pages it did not include were static pages and a stylesheet.

I've looked in the help files, but am not sure how I achieve what Actinic is requesting. Can anyone advise?

If i understand correctly from one of your other posts tonight, you have very custom layouts with your own styling on sections. Most of us who have upgraded to v8 have encountered problems of varying degrees. Your situation, by all accounts should be quite horrific until you get your head round how v8 works - we are all still learning this one!

If it has struggled to import on of your stylesheets from your v7 site to the new v8 site, then do as it suggests and copy the v7 stylesheet into v8.

If you have heavily customised templates, you may be wiser to start with a clean design in dreamweaver and insert the various actinic variable into your own layout. This will probably take less time than correcting the upgrade errors.

Comment

When I was testing upgrading Mole End, this happened to me, the files will have been upgraded but added to the website as HTML rather than being converted into V8 objects, so you need to recreate them in V8 if you wish to (or use the HTML versions).

Does the upgraded site look like the old one?

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
      X