Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An odd one I can't work out......

.......but it's probably just me making things harder than what they are

Over the last few days I've been checking my page titles....etc and I've just noticed that my main page (www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk) and the main products section (http://www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co...alog/shop.html) have the same title. I want to change this as I don't want he same title duplicated on two pages.....but everytime I try to change this in Catalog Details(content tree)/General Tab/Name and upload the page title rmains the same

Can anyone help me with this?
    www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

see http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=25294 and the thread that you are sent to from it

Comment

Phew!! That's all a bit complicated Jo

I'm just after changing the title tags that show up in the browser window....at the moment they're the same for both pages and I can't seem to be able to change them

Comment

yep thats what the posts are about....you can't

Comment

Here's an Actinic site that manages it Jo

http://www.bluebobbit.com/index.html

Check out the 'Home' and the 'Shop Page' different title tags for both

Am I missing something here?

Comment

Click on the online catalogue icon and change the name. Its very limited but it works.

Comment

Hi Malcolm,

You're right.....it gives you 20 characters. Tried changing this but it still shows 'Eccleston Angling Centre Ltd on both the main page and products page in the <Title>

Comment

Here's an Actinic site that manages it Jo
                Sorry I shouldn't have said you can't, you can, Dave's post describes how to...

Comment

Tried changing this but it still shows 'Eccleston Angling Centre Ltd on both the main page and products page
                  Very odd - I have just tried it and I can change it but it will always have your company name infront of what ever you type into the name field.

If all your other pages are different then I dont think it will make any difference SE wise.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                    Very odd - I have just tried it and I can change it but it will always have your company name infront of what ever you type into the name field.

If all your other pages are different then I dont think it will make any difference SE wise.
                    Yeah...it's a bit bonkers. If I look at the source of my main page I get:

<TITLE>Eccleston Angling Centre Ltd</TITLE>

Look at it via the products page and I get:

<TITLE>(BIG GAP HERE)Eccleston Angling Centre Ltd </TITLE>

With a big whopping gap. In fact I've just noticed that all of my product pages have big gaps in the title.

Well confused!!

Comment

Well.....I've managed to get rid of the gap.....but I still can't change the title

Comment

Different Titles

Apologies if I am misunderstanding here.

If you change the <TITLE> line in 'Act_BrochurePrimary.html' then this will display the chosen title wether it be hard coded or variable.

Act_Primary.html is what is responsible for the cart pages.

Does this answer the question or am I on wrong track?
                        Curtain Poles

Comment

Act_Primary.html is what is responsible for the cart pages.

Does this answer the question or am I on wrong track?
                          There is no such thing as ACT_PRIMARY is version 8

Version 8 along with all previous versions requires customisation to get unique title tags on certain pages (inc search, contact amongst others) this is the current discussion.

Suggestions have been offered in other threads, it just depends on how much you want to customise these pages

Comment

Ah...I see where your coming from now Jo. Maybe the site I put up before was a previous V of Actinic?

Well, that's a right bummer!! Would having two pages with the same title cause probs with robots?

Comment

V8

Originally posted by pinbrook
                              There is no such thing as ACT_PRIMARY is version 8

Version 8 along with all previous versions requires customisation to get unique title tags on certain pages (inc search, contact amongst others) this is the current discussion.

Suggestions have been offered in other threads, it just depends on how much you want to customise these pages
                              Sorry, thought it was too easy. Did not check was in V8 postings.

Thanks Jo
                              Curtain Poles

Comment

Working...
                              X