Filenames conflict - no duplicates ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filenames conflict - no duplicates ???

I've just installed the 8.0.3 patch on Actinic MultiUser version 8.
    When the dialog box asked if i wanted to upgrade the site design i selected 'no'.

Now when i try to upload the site i'm getting the error message below.

"Some filenames conflict. All files being sent to the web site must have unique names. Please check the list of files in Design | Additional Files."

The site uploaded fine before the patch installation and i've checked for file name duplication and didn't find any.

The path displayed in the error message is.

website\..\..\..\index.html
    website\index.html

website\..\..\index.html
    website\index.html

Anyone else experienced the same?

Andy

Does index.html feature in the list when you check Additional Files list?

If not, have you hard coded a relative path to index.html into a page/product/fragment somewhere?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

A quick forum search on "Some filenames conflict." will throw up other threads with the same issue

Comment

What the!!!

Still doing the search for same problem....

In the meantime, i have just looked at the file/sites and see that my sites have been duplicated!!!!!

I now have the name of each site with the added 'site' added on, such as 'mysite site' , but only have one copy of the sites in my local folder.

What the hell is going on? All i've done is installed the patch.
        I have 4 websites going, using Actinic MultiUser Version 8.

Andy

Comment

Update

It seems that Actinic got confused with my sites being on a network server. As we have the Multiuser Version we put our sites on this server and set the 'site directory' to it.

I have deleted the unwanted site references in the file/sites section.

This hasn't resolved the problem with my original post regarding the duplicate index.html files.

Still looking into that one
          Andy

Comment

I had the same problem. Check this thread to see the answer:-
            http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=24908
            Brian
            www.flowergallery.co.uk
            Same day flower delivery to UK
            Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
            International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Hi Brian

Thanks for replying....

How did you find you offending link?
              With this being a new site that i have taken over, i'm not very familiar with it.
              Just wondered if there is a quick way to find the link if it exists.

Thanks again

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJay
                Hi Brian

Thanks for replying....

How did you find you offending link?
                With this being a new site that i have taken over, i'm not very familiar with it.
                Just wondered if there is a quick way to find the link if it exists.

Thanks again

Andy
                It was in a couple of fragments on my Brochure Home Page, linking from text and images to the store index page
                Brian
                www.flowergallery.co.uk
                Same day flower delivery to UK
                Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
                International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Thanks Brian

I still can't find any links to the index.html page other than on the top navigation bat amd that uses the 'HomePageURL' variable.

Here is the error message again. Maybe someone can figure it out by looking at the paths?

Thanks
                  Andy

Some filenames conflict. All files being sent to the web site must have unique names. Please check the list of files in Design | Additional Files.

Some of the following files must be renamed before an upload can occur. Once the files are renamed, reselect them in the Actinic.

Z:\WEBSITES_ ACTINIC\mysite - Gas\..\..\index.html
                  Z:\WEBSITES_ ACTINIC\mysite - Gas\..\..\..\index.html

Comment

Could you check in

Z:\WEBSITES_ ACTINIC

and

Z:\

whether there is a file called 'index.html'.

If there is, try renaming one of them to something else.

If this doesn't do it, you need to contact Actinic support either via telephone (if you have a telephone support contract) or via email at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Comment

Hi cdicken

I've just done a search on Z:\WEBSITES_ ACTINIC which found one index.html in the site1 folder.
                      This site is the standard site that Actinic creates on installation.

I have renamed this but still get this error message .....

Some filenames conflict. All files being sent to the web site must have unique names. Please check the list of files in Design | Additional Files.

Some of the following files must be renamed before an upload can occur. Once the files are renamed, reselect them in the Actinic.

Z:\WEBSITES_ ACTINIC\Test4Less - Gas\..\..\..\index.html
                      Z:\WEBSITES_ ACTINIC\Test4Less - Gas\index.html

Z:\WEBSITES_ ACTINIC\Test4Less - Gas\..\..\index.html
                      Z:\WEBSITES_ ACTINIC\Test4Less - Gas\index.html

Comment

I think this is a job for support, but just to clarify what is causing the error...

There are two places that you can specify 'index.html' - as the filename of the 'Home Page' and as the 'Base Page Name' within the 'Page Settings' tab when you click on the green 'Online Catalog' icon in the tree.

Can I ask you to try the following:
                        1. Check in both the locations I mentioned for any odd looking values.
                        2. Try selecing/deselecting the 'Use as Web Site Home Page' field for the 'Home' brochure page and see if this makes a difference.
                        3. Try temporarily changing one or other of the filenames to something else.
                        At least this will help narrow down the problem.

The other thing to try is tt go to 'Design | Library' and right-click anywhere and select 'Find'. You can then search the entire library for instances of 'index.html'.

If all this doesn't seem to help, you need to contact Actinic support. If you don't have a telephone support contract, you can email them at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Comment

Hi again cdicken

Almost there - thanks to you.

I did as you suggested and did a search for the index.html. I found that the top navigation linked to the index.html fine instead of using the Actinic Varialbe HomPageUrl. I changed all of these and i'm nearly there.

The only error when taking a snapshot now is the one below.

Any ideas?

Thanks again
                          Andy

Errors
                          (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 573) - The file Z:\WEBSITES_ ACTINIC\Test4Less - Gas\paycash1.htm was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.

Comment

Great news! That library search is a handy thing indeed.

To fix the remaining issue, I suggest you go into the 'Actinic v8\Original' folder and copy 'actiniccore.js' and 'actinicextras.js' from there into the site folders on your Z drive. That should fix it.

Comment

Working...
                            X