Drop Downs -> Radio or List?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop Downs -> Radio or List?

We have created a printer friendly page for Actinic which when loaded takes the contents of a particular <div> tag and chucks it into the printer friendly page. Works really well, and you can attach a separate actinic.css file to the printer page to change the layout for print.

However, what I would like to do is display our drop down boxes (for sizes and colours) as some sort of text list or even radio buttons so that when printed they have all the product information on the sheet. Can anyone think of any clever way to force a drop down box to display as something else? Can you use javascript to extract the contents of the box? Or some cunning css?

Any thoughts appreciated!!

David
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Hi Dave

With v8 you could include two different attribute lists - but you could have one attribute list that just does drop down lists, and another attribute list that just does radio buttons.

You can then use CSS to hide the radio buttons from the screen, and hide the drop down list from the printed page.

Comment

Replace the 'AttributeList' layout selector with the folllowing code:

Code:
               <actinic:block type="AttributeList" >
      	         <actinic:variable value="Standard Drop Down Attribute" name="AttributeLayout" /><br />
               </actinic:block>
               <actinic:block type="AttributeList" >
      	         <actinic:variable value="Standard Radio Button Attribute" name="AttributeLayout" /><br />
               </actinic:block>

Comment

Chris,

Many thanks, this works perfectly! Yet another cool thing I can do with v8 that I couldn't with v7. Happy Camper!
        Cheers

David
        Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Working...
        X