Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista RC2, Build 5744

Hello,

I am running Vista RC2, Build 5744 on a machine I intend to beusing Actinic v8 on.

having installed it twice, it's very clear that it simply can't manage even the simplest of tasks, let alone actually importing my latest snapshot.

I realise this is most definately NOT supported officially, and that it will likely be some time before it is, but I thought I would ask the question anyway:

Is it supposed to be possible to use v8 on RC2 at all? As I said, I can't even import my snapshot which renders it useless on this machine. I've read several threads from other who have tried it on different builds, but perhaps not one this recent (?). It seems compatibility has been slowly reducing as Vista develops, understandably.

A heads-up is all I'm after. I might be in a bit of a tight situation at some point unless I whip XP back on as it seems everyone else has...

the sad fact, is that i'v had more luck running V8 on linux than under vista.

Give up, until an official release is out supporting the ultimate bloatyness that is Windows.

Comment

Just for interest, I'm running both the 32bit and the 64bit Vista in VMware (www.vmware.com) virtual machines on my main XP Pro development system.

This way I can tinker with Vista without having a plethora of computers and without needing to multi-boot.

I can even copy and paste stuff between the systems which would be a 5 minute job if I was multi-booting.

Another advantage of these virtual machines is that I can run different point versions, e.g. 8.0.2, 8.0.3 in each.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I do similar with (the now free) MS Virtual PC. I have a number of different virtual machines that I can swop between for different purposes. Saves lots of time and hassle.

Comment

Right - all the problems I may have mentioned above are now gone.

I don't claim to be a Vista techi, ive not used it much. But after receiving advice from a far more experienced friend, I have discovered that most of my issues were caused by not running Actinic as an administrator.

Job done.

Ive installed Actinic and successfully imported my snapshot. It's all good in the hood. And under it too, it would seem.

I will be using this machine quite a bit tomorrow, so by end of business I shall hopefully know if all is well...

Cheers for your comments, as usual.

Comment

Working...
          X