New Site Design2Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Site Design2Please

Hi all i still have some work to do on my store but wanted to get it live to get some of you opinions and advice.

www.designtoplease.co.uk

First off i am having a few problems with the layout of the homepage - in catalog it is set to have 5 columns (eg 5 sections on each line), however upon setting the site live it appears to have muddled up this layout - any suggestions on how i could fix this?

Secondly i am trying to get my search function to include the additional info when it searches although currently it does not appear to be doing this. I would also be grateful if anyone could let me know how you can make the images in search results clickable as well as the link?

Finally is there anyway to stop certain products appearing for certain search terms?

Many Thanks

Jon
    Jon
    www.designtoplease.co.uk
    www.getmeoutofahole.com
    www.toys4james.co.uk
    Located in Herts

Hi Jon

Had a look at the site and can see what you mean by the sections not being correctly laid out. Could you check, if in the Catalog Details window | Layout tab, both Column Count for First Row of Section Lists and Column Count for Section Lists are set to 5? If they are and still not looking OK, could you please send me the site snapshot to : krcsupport[@]actinic.co.uk ? If file size is more than 10 MB, please email me so I can send you the FTP details to my support space for you to upload the snapshot to.
    I will also check the third issue, i.e, making images in search results clickable.

As regards the issue about additional information not being picked up, do you mean the User Defined Properties, i.e Custom Variables?

The possibility of restricting certain products being picked up certain search terms is pretty long-winded as I see it. You will perhaps need to set up conditions to match each and every search term that a buyer could think of and restrict products accordingly, unless someone has a possible alternative to this and can suggest here..
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X