disclaimer pop up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disclaimer pop up

is it possible to make a disclaimer pop-up when a customer tries to purchase a product from my site?

i want this to be set as a default setting if possible, therefore no product is missed and there is no danger of running into legal problems (the site will be selling pharmaceuticals)

you're help would be greatly appreciated on this

Cheers

Surely you would want to add the disclaimer to the checkout process, just once, rather than use an annoying popup for every single add to basket. [this ability is actually already built in - it's called terms and conditions, and you can require that people acknowledge these before completing checkout].
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

If you really need to do it per product, then you can set your Shopping Mode to be Quantity on Confirmation Page (via Design / Options / Shop Defaults).

In this mode each product's add to cart will take you to a confirm / cancel / checkout now page which you can use to display any message.

Add this message to Act_OrderDetail.html.

You can also set this shopping mode on a per page basis via Section Details / Layout / Shopping Mode.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

cheers norman

that sounds pretty useful... i'm also wondering if its possible to make a form that the customer fills out when they try to buy certain products.

if you look at www.boots.com, certain products require you to fill out a simple email form (i need to go to such lengths, as the site will be selling pharmaceuticals and we need to avoid all the legals problems invovled)

cheers

Comment

Oops. I gave a V7 answer above and this is the V8 forum.

For V8 you set Quantioty on Confirmation Page via Design / Design Options / Shopping Mode and the message goes into Design / Library / Layouts / Web Page Inner Layout / Order Details Bulk Area.

If you need a form filled in then that will either require custom coding or you may be able to use my Multi Other Info patch to capture these details. I didn't look at the Boots example as you didn't give an exact URL and it's a lot of work looking around for one such product.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X