Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade from 7.05 Bus to V8

Hi

After playing about with V8 for a while we thought about taking the plunge and designing from scratch with a new look for early 2007.

Its just the thought of adding the 2500 products back in again that is a bit of a nightmare. Has anyone upgraded without any major headaches and sucked in all the existing products?

The only real feature we would like to have is an add to cart on the extended info page which would help us lay the products out a little better.
    Thanks

JoBananas Body Jewellery - Body piercing jewellery, belly bars and ear stretching plugs

import the v7 snapshot into v8, during upgrade you will be asked what to do with the design. Choose a clean v8 theme, This will get rid of any legacy v7 stuff enabling an easier re-design.

OR- this method will bring products and orders in to v8 on the day of the relaunch ie seamless transistion (if that is possible)

design in v8, export a design snapshot. put it somewhere safe. Import snapshot from v7, let it upgrade, then import the v8 design snapshot.

Comment

That worked for us at upgrade too, 3500+ products, like Jan says get this right so you don't have any history else you'll spend a month updating image paths from NOTCATALOG/ to the right path.

Comment

Thanks Jo

I imported the V7 and made the desired changes but obviously the v7 site has moved on in terms of orders and products since the initial import.

Can you point me in the direction of exporting the v8 design so I can import a later version of the current v7 site?

Thanks
        Thanks

JoBananas Body Jewellery - Body piercing jewellery, belly bars and ear stretching plugs

Comment

Which flavour of v8 do you have? This may not be possible in all of the versions

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Jont

V8 Business 8.02

Can you do it with this version or is it a case of working through the new site and updating it.

Thanks

David
            Thanks

Comment

David i would suggest having the latest version 8.03 before you do anything as this fixed a number of bugs and when upgrading from 8.02 to 8.03, a number of things can go wrong.

When you import a snapshot you get the chance to exclude orders. Your process will be design a v8 site, export the snapshot. Snapshot the v7 site, this will bring in all orders, import this snapshot into v8 and then re-import the v8 snapshot, BUT this time do not take the orders. This way you will have the v8 layout and styles etc with the v7 up to date orders.

Comment

Thanks Lee

I have upgrade to 8.03 now.

Can I just ask if I need to remove all of the products from my V8 site so I am just left with an empty store before I import my V7 snapshot?

If this is the case is there an easy way to clear out products then clicking on each one?

As it stands it has the new look but with old products and prices from a few weeks ago. Since then we have added and changed about 200 more products / added/deleted from the current live site.
                Thanks

Comment

V8.03 has the option to import the orders from a V7 site when you are ready to go live.

So just do all the changes you need then import orders

Cheers
                  Darren

Comment

Hi Darren

Thanks for the info.

Its not the orders I have a problem with. Its the fact that the new layout was taken from a snapshot a couple of weeks ago and since then the live site has had pages added, removed and a host of product changes.

Ideally I need to suck in the current v7 snapshot and simply apply the new design over the top. Thats the part I am having problems with.
                    Thanks

Comment

Here is what I would suggest:

1) Take a full site snapshot of your current v8 site just to keep eveything safe
                      2) Now go to 'Design | Deploy Partial Design' and work through the wizard ensuring that EVERYTHING is selected - this will effectively export your library.
                      3) Now-reimport the v7 snapshot with all the latest products in it - and upgrade it - but elect to use a default v8 design (as you won't need to do the full upgrade again)
                      4) Now import your partial site design into v8 (you may need to do this a couple of times to ensure that everything is imported correctly).
                      5) This will give you an up to date library with your latest product and order data.

If all looks good then you can put the site live (using the instructions in the Upgrade Guide - which is in a sticky thread at the top of this forum)

Comment

Hi Chris

Fantastic - that worked great. I only ever tried importing the partial design once and it made no changes. This time I tried it twice as suggested and it worked.

Thats saved a load of time.

Thanks for everyones help on this one.
                        Thanks

Comment

OK last stage

We have run both sites in parallel (Stock and products) for a while and should set the new site live next week.

Is it possible to import JUST the ORDER DATA from the V7 site so its bang up to date?
                          Thanks

Comment

Hi David,

Yes, there is an option on the file menu called Import Orders that will allow you to do this.

Regards,
                            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                            Multichannel order processing
                            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

The only down side is there is no option to import current stock levels, these will have to manually added at a later date.

Cheers
                              Darren

Comment

Working...
                              X