Component/Attribute/Choices not being updated in cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Component/Attribute/Choices not being updated in cart

I’ve been happily building our new store and have been able to solve most issues so far with the help of this forum. However, one issue has me stumped and doesn’t seem to have been reported so far.

We have a number of products which we sell in different sizes and use attributes/choices with permutations to link the choices to hidden products for stock control purposes. After originally setting up the choices for the products, I had to subsequently go back and make some changes to the choice descriptions and/or add additional choices. All changes look fine in Actinic and on the site itself. However, when you try and “add to cart” one of the modified choices, the original choice description is still shown in the cart. When you try and “add to cart” one of the new choices that was added you get an error message “Error: Illegal component/attribute combination”. I tried a full site refresh as well as deleting and adding the product/choices again from scratch to no avail.

While snooping around trying to work out why the choices are not being updated in the cart, I found that the A00XXX.cat files associated with the products are not being updated. The contents of the .cat files still show the choices as they were originally set up, with none of the subsequent changes/additions reflected.

Has anybody else experienced this or have any ideas on a possible fix/workaround?

Thanks
    Darren

Darren

The only time I found that changes made and uploaded did not appear in the shop was when I was inadvertantly testing whilst being logged in as a customer.

Unless you are actually testing the customer logging functionality always test without logging in.

Mike
    Boy, this is a big learning curve.....and YES I've got my crampons on!
    www.shop.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X