Add to cart button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add to cart button

I have just noticed a problem with my stock control. I have a product that customers can see which has 'Stock Monitoring' switched off and I have invisible products for the different sizes with 'Stock Monitoring' switched on. I have implemented some code from the Advanced user guide, which deletes the sizes from the drop down menu when that particular size reaches zero stock. I also use 'One stop automation' from mole-end. Everything worked fine, but yesterday a customer purchased a product for £51.00. This is because the 'Add to cart' button is still visable when there is no sizes in the drop down menu.
    Is there some code I can add to make 'Add to cart' button invisable and to show an 'Out Of Stock' message, when the drop down menu is not populated?

Thanks

Shacks

Hi Sue

Could I ask you to go into 'Design | Library | Layouts' and open the 'Drop Down Permutation LIst' layout for editing.

Click the orange 'Click here to edit list layout settings' link and then enter something in the 'Empty List' field.

This will put a message in the store if there are no choices to choose from - this could be some big red text that says 'OUT OF STOCK'.

I don't know how to hide the add to cart button I'm afraid though.

Comment

Doesn't seem to work

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply, I have just tried this method and was really hopeful but nothing seems to happen, I have typed:
      All sizes are out of stock! And
      <font color="red">All sizes are out of stock!</font>
      in 'Empty List Entry' and then when this didn't work I copied the text into the 'Empty list field'. Still no joy.

Can you see what I'm doing wrong?

Comment

That's odd - I've just tried it and it worked correctly.

Check the code of 'Drop Down Permutation List'. Mine is:
        Code:
        <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedNameIsUsed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE%29%20OR%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedNameIsUsed%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsAssociatedProductInStock%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20TRUE%29">
        	<actinic:variable name="PermutationRow" value="Drop Down Permutation Entry" />
        </actinic:block>
        Also make sure you have correctly created the 'IsAssociatedProductInStock' condition in the library. Also make sure that you have 'Name From Associated Product' selected for each product in your permutation.

Then I have entered my 'NO CHOICES' message within the 'Empty List' field of the 'Drop Down Permutation List'.

Comment

All done

Thanks Chris,

I had deleted the products from the permutation list for some reason. It was an item that was out stock. It now works fine, a nice little feature.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X