Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section specific best seller product lists

Hi all,

I've just started working on a new version of our site for v8. I've decided to start from scratch because our v7 site has a lot of mods on it and didnt translate very well in v8.

www.ukbikestore.co.uk is the store, i've read all the advanced user guide and worked out how im going to do most of the things i want, but one thing im usure of is the products with pictures at the top of each product lising in the sections.

Currently we use Norman's multi colum code and make copies of the products that are going to be at the top and change the template. We have now passed the 5000 product mark and it would be nice to auto generate these with best sellers lists.

Could this be done? the only way I have thought of doing it is having a best seller list thats very long (enough for a good amount on each section page), giving all the products custom properties that associate them with the section, then having a block if statement before the best sellers layout/variable that only enters the best sellers that come from that section.

Anyone think this would work and have any idea how exactly I would code it, or any other ways of doing this?

Many thanks

Dave

You won't need my Product In Columns tweak anymore as V8 allows products in columns out-of-the-box. You can also set the Extended Info to be in the same page instead of being in a popup. These can also have an add-to-cart.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi,

I'm not sure if i've explained what I'm trying to do very well! Have you had a look at one of our sections on our site? There are a load of featured products in colums at the top of the page with pictures, then below that are long listings of products with just the price laid out on each line.

I don't see how in v8 you can set one half of the page to use 3 colums and another part to have just one as it is set in the section properties.

The biggest issue I still have is auto generating the featured products rather than having to make copies of products to go at the top of the page.

Cheers

Dave

Comment

I don't see how in v8 you can set one half of the page to use 3 colums and another part to have just one as it is set in the section properties
        Use the same Product Layout throughout. That Layout is customised to contain 2 lumps of code for both the 3 column layout and the compact row layout. Use a Condition or some inline PHP to generate the first layout until a certain count (or a product containing a certain Property) is found, then switch to the second layout for the rest of the page.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X