X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restricting shipping on items!

hi

I have to produce quite a complicated shipping for selling prints;

Mounted and framed items are not shipped outside of the UK, and within the UK there are 4 different levels of shipping depending on whether the print is unframed (2 different charges), framed or mounted.

Anyone have any ideas how to set it up?

I have tried using weights, giving the ones that cannot be sent outside the UK a high weight and not allowing that weight to be posted abroad, but then I get complications if postage to the UK is for a mix of framed an unframed.
    Thanks!

I would look at the subtlies of the actual cost of shipping and simplify it.

add the cost of shipping to the extra services, ie to mount cost x plus y (x is the cost of mounting, y being the extra shipping cost) ie z

do the same with the frame (a is price of frame, b is extra shipping cost) ie c

have the base price of shipping as a shipping cost.

thus print will be charge at base
    print plus mount with be base plus z
    print plus mount and frame will be base, plus z, plus c
    print plus frame will be base plus c

Comment

Hi Jo

Thanks for that, but will that allow me to restrict the postage on some to the UK only?

Comment

sadly no it won't.

I don't know how to do that - sorry!

Comment

Fixed!

Hi

just to let you know I fixed it - I gave all the items different weights and then put them as shipped separately items - for Europe and ROW, I restricted the limit on weights that they could order...
          but thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X