Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to have products on individual pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to have products on individual pages?

Hi Everybody

I am a new user of Actinic and am playing around with my website structure.

1. Is it possible to have static product pages where it shows only one product per page? I know you can do it with the extended info tab, but I want it to be spiderable static pages.

2. If it is possible, how will this roll up into the categories/sections? Will you still be able to display all the different products in a category?

Example of structure:

Section - showing all products
    If you click on a product, it goes to the product page, instead of the extended info function.

I would be grateful for any help/advice.

Thanks. Hein

Use "open in same page" extended info pages - these do produce spiderable links.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

make section and sub sections

if you want to show your product like product per page, you will have to make main sections -> subsections and different product on each subsection that is the only way you do what you want.

i did same thing
      http://www.aalabels.com/acatalog/AADF02.html

Comment

one of the "tricks" is to have the full product in subsections (one product per sub-section) - you could put all the sub-sections in one area if you want
        and then use the "paste as duplicates" to show a brief layout elsewhere in the website.

so I've been doing it this way,
        go to the "Settings | Duplicates Config " area and change the settings to allow the changing of the pictures and the general text
        create a new sub section (the one that is to hold the FULL product details.) and then place all the full details in that section (one section per product)
        now click on the product, and issue the copy command
        go to the main section where you want the "brief details" to show and "paste as duplicate"
        select the duplicate and change the picture and text as required (make sure you have the [LINK] phrase somewhere in the text.
        then use the "Links" section to create the link to the FULL details. - in this section, make sure the link goes to the "SECTION" containing the full details.
        also change the layout to show just enough information to "entice the user"

when you show the "brief details", you get a "LINK" to the FULL details, you can then give more extended info from there if really required.

one thing to note, the section containing the "sub-sections" of full products will then show sub-section page links, you may need to change the layouts to hide the sub-sections.

I hope this makes sense.

Comment

Thanks everybody.

That was exactly what I wanted.

Comment

Working...
          X