Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brochure Fragments as Popups??

Hi All

First post so can I start by saying thank you to all those who have helped me unknowingly with their previously posted wisdom! This forum has been a god send.

Fairly new to actinic and using it to revamp an exisitng website. Small problem that has got me stumped but maybe cause its just not possible. In our checkout pages I am trying to put create a popup page that describes the different payment methods in more detail. I have this info entered as a brochure page already so rather than rewrite it somewhere else and fall foul of forgetting to update two pages I want to make it simple.

I can easily hard code a link to the full brochure page which pops up but would prefer it to only open up the fragment that contains the text - is this possible? I started creating new layouts but got nowhere even though I kept smelling success...

At present I have the following line in the relevant checkout page:

<a href="javascript:ShowPopUp('Payment_Methods.html',600,400);">Click here </a>for more information on these payment methods mean or to set up an invoice account.

Using v8.03 Business.

Thanks in advance for any help and hope to post a lot more in the future and try to help others from the many lessons learned along the way.

Cheers
    Rob

It is possible but would it not be better to put the payment info into your terms and conditions - that way it would be visible via every page rather than just at checkout. There is already a link in checkout which will open the T&C so you could ammend the text link to it.

Comment

by default, I have popups turned off when I'm browsing. - they annoy the hell out of me - there's no "back button" and its not intuitive to close a window when browsing, so be careful with your plans. - I think the minimum you need to do is add a note near the "popup text" to say "popup about to open, close it when you've finished"

having said that,

You can embed html in any of the text boxes - look up how in the help menu,
      then you create a normal html page (don't bother using actinic) that describes the "methods of payments" - its only simple html
      then within the javascript, just call that html page.

if you want to quickly generate the html, create a new brochure page at the top of the actinic tree and then preview the page, right click, view source, and then use that as the basis - remove all the rubbish so you're left with the bit you need.
      remember that you also need to add any images, and the actual html page in the additional files so that they get uploaded.

what you have to remember, you do NOT have to build everything inside actinic

Comment

Thanks guys

I thought about the T&C route but its a lot of info and people will probably not bother reading it all through to find the payment info. I already have a link to the full t&c on each checkout page - via popup. I really want to have just the payment info besdie the Paymet Method input in the checkout phase simply as a security blanket - reassuring those who need it that using external payment services is legit, etc....

Kevin - I also agree that popups are annoying and I have tried not to use them elsewhere in the site but as this is half way through the checkout its the only way otherwise they go to new page, press back and "Warnign page expired, Refresh.." I think I will go the route you suggest and create a seperate html page - easy to get caught in the actinic universe!

Thanks both again, much appreciated!
        Rob

Comment

Working...
        X