Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing styles - missing Actinic variables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing styles - missing Actinic variables?

Hello all - first post and first use of Actinic which I'm finding a bit of a struggle....

I'm using Dreamweaver for design outside the Inner Layout and am amend ing CSS in that application. I've set up a new stylesheet and some things are happening smoothly but some simple things are simply not responding. For example, I want to change the font colour of certain elements -

like SectionName which I would expect to be controlled by <H1> in the stylesheet however Actinic has placed a <span style='color: #000000;'> code around the Section Name which I cannot get rid of. I've tried Design View - click and 'Edit Appearance' but that gets me knowhere because colour is stuck on black..... '000000'

or the Compact Parent Section List the appearance of which is controlled by "class="text_breadcrumbs" but the colour is referenced to actinic:variable name="Palette1" but Palette1 does not exist in the variables list in the design library....

Am I missing something very fundamental - I certainly feel I'm hitting a brick wall!!!

Help much appreciated.

Scott Hortop

Hi Scott, Welcome. You need to read the AUG about linking to an external css file to solve the css edit in DW issue. The pallet colours are defined in the Advanced themes tab - or you can replace them directly in the css once you have got the linking correct.

Comment

Hi MAlcolm

Thanks for the pointers.

Unfortunately I've already set up what's set out in "Changing the CSS Layout to be an External File" in the AUG. It's the whole <span> coding in the prduct page HTML that I think I need to get rid of - I think it got there when I highlighted text and selected Edit Appearance. I just cannot remove the 000000 to remove this span.

I went off to Advanced themes configuration but if I alter anything then the OK and Apply buttons are greyed out and alterations cannot be applied. I can change the theme at the simple level but that obliterates all of my design work and can't be undone....

Sorry, still stuck.

Scott

Comment

Hi Scott

Please could you give us a url for the problem, or tell me what theme you are using for your design so I can check please

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem

Thanks for getting back but I *THINK* I solved this with a phone call - still getting used to the interface!

Scott

Comment

Working...
          X