Upgrade to 8.03, Image Path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to 8.03, Image Path

Having just upgraded to 8.03 everything looked ok but that "old gem" the image path to files on my hard drive caught me out.

The site www.Naughty.UK.com looks fine on any PC on our network but the image paths are to our hard drive locations and not the /acatalog folder, hence the images are missing. Anything in the templates (custom design) which has changed to create this error I should be looking for...

Help appreciated, thanks...

Images need to be within your site1 folder to ensure you have no troubles. Your images are referencing your hard drive. Put all images in the correct place and then change the links (within your products) to point to the correct places.

Comment

...yep, I'm a wee bit more experienced than that but thanks for the input.

Any help still appreciated as files are referenced correctly, this looks like an update in one of the design tags which perhaps is staring me in the face but can't see it.

As our tags were originally from V7 it is possible these have not been handled by the updater correctly. I have checked that the dynamic image script is not affecting this by removing the code snippets, I know this is the template somewhere as the other two sites working from this install are fine so it is n't a bug in the app but must be template derived.

I've checked the library and all 'seems' to be ok, consider though that this was working pre-upgrade from 8.00 to 8.03 (even with the image script).

Comment

It's the "&" in your image path that's breaking Actinic. Actinic doesn't like images with ampersands in the path names.

If you've zillions of such images, you may be able to fix them all by an
        Access query in the Product table in ActinicCatalog.mdb.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

...wood for the trees Norman, again thank you...

Comment

Working...
          X