[LINK] destination incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LINK] destination incorrect

Having recently upgraded from V7 to V8, where I have used the [LINK] option in a fragment or product description, this doesn't take me to the right place any more, e.g. a specific other product or section. The links in the margin work fine, and point to mydomain/acatalog/pagename.html. The links done using [LINK] point at mydomain/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl?SECTIONID=A000%5...section name. Which fails. Any ideas?
    Regards
    Martin
    Martin
    Modelmotorracing.com : Web services : Twitter

Can you provide a URL illustrating the problem?

Comment

Try:

http://www.slotcarcentre.co.uk/acata...al_Cars_5.html

Click on the Analogue Cars link in the text next to the A1GP Great Britain car.
      Martin

Comment

Hmmm strange one

The actual section name is:

Online_Catalogue_Analogue_Scalextric_Cars_4.html

But the link is pointing to:

A000_Analogue_Scalextric_Cars_4.html

If you haven't changed any section names, i would suggest this is an upgrade error, possibly because of an amended layout template. Can you revert the product layout back to factory settings and see if that works or will that bugger you up.

If it will bugger you up, just try a different product layout and see what happens as you can choose to go back to the existing one.

It looks like it may be the product reference being appended.

Comment

I've changed the product layout for that car to standard using CSS - you will see it has popped out of the regular order as a result. The link still fails. A000 is not its reference number, don't know where that is coming from.

EDIT: Curiously, I can change the [LINK] to point to a PRODUCT, and it works fine. As soon as it points to a section, the A000 malarkey pops up again.
          Martin

Comment

The A000 is the section ID. I take it you have been using some form of product on the right layout, can you select layout on the left so it slips back into place and is just displayed in a different manner.

Are these links using the extended info facility or something you have added yourself?

Comment

Selecting "standard with image on the left" throws the whole page out, all the other cars shoot off the bottom of the screen. The links are all done using the Link tab. Product links work OK.
              Martin

Comment

It is calling the ss000001.pl script, which i believe is the search script, however don't quote me on that as i steer well clear of them.

I could understand if it was an amended layout failing, however this is happening across a number of different layouts, so cannot be that.

I'm stumped, hopefully somebody else can shed some light. Some script, setting or upgraded part of the site seems to have failed in some way.

Apologies i cannot be of any further help.

Have you tried redoing the link just to see if it comes up with the same error after you have redone it?

Comment

Thanks for your ideas - we've tried a few options and I've got Support looking at a snapshot now.
                  Martin

Comment

[LINK] problems

Hi, I have just seen your post and have the same trouble. I am using Fragments to create links to different sections. When using the [LINK] function, the section or url links don't work properly and when clicked, the link returns the user to my shop overivew page rather than the required section. However, The individual product link does work.........STRANGE. Did support give you any work around?

I am a new user of Actinic 8 so probably havent got the right to give users suggestions but I have temporarily embedded a link directly into the fragment text pane instead of using the [LINK] function.

Link would embed as follows:

!!<<a href="yourlink">your link text</a>>!!

This is all very long winded so would like to hear if Actinic support helped you.
                    www.norfolkherbs.co.uk
                    Online Shop at: www.homescentherbs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X