Breadcrumb on Extended Info Pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breadcrumb on Extended Info Pages?

Having changed the extended info pages to match the site design (including nav etc) it works and looks nice.

Is it possible to add the breadcrumb trail to these pages also?

Thanks
    Thanks

JoBananas Body Jewellery - Body piercing jewellery, belly bars and ear stretching plugs

I haven't done this personally, but i would select a product in the content tree, then select the design view and click on the breadcrumb. This would show the code for the breadcrumb, copy it, find the extended info layout through the design library and paste the code in and then see if it works.

Comment

Kind of got it working with that method. Would it be possible to include the item name on the end of the breadcrumb?
      Thanks

JoBananas Body Jewellery - Body piercing jewellery, belly bars and ear stretching plugs

Comment

It would be, but i cant see it being easy UNLESS you have one product per section and you could just use the section name then.

Comment

I thought that might be the case and no I have not got that kind of layout

I guess I could manually add this if it becomes a show stopper.
          Thanks

Comment

The problem is that it has to dynamic. I suppose a variable could be declared and assigned to each product, within each product, duplicate the name into the variable field. Then add this variable to the end of the breadcrumb trail.

Yeah that should work if you are prepared to slog it out.

Comment

It can be automated.

Here's a way to get the first product on a page's name into the top of the page.

1) In your overall layout, where you want this text to appear put

Code:
              <span id="prname"></span>
              <script type="text/javascript">
              <!--
              function sname(pname){
                var pr = document.getElementById('prname');
                if ( pr.innerHTML == '' ) pr.innerHTML = pname;
              }
              //-->
              </script>
              2) In your Product Layout(s) put

Code:
              <script type="text/javascript">
              <!--
              sname('<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName" encoding="perl" selectable="false" />');
              //-->
              </script>
              This doesn't seem to display in the internal Page Preview window when in Design Mode but will work regardless.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
              X