Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error uploading smtp server details

Hi,

I am trying to configure my website settings and have managed to do a test successfully using

smtp server: localhost
    username: jewellery@highstreetsaver.co.uk
    password: *********

Previously I have tried using smtp.tiscali.co.uk as my smtp server but this gives error message:

The computer you specified as your mail server is not a valid mail (SMTP) server. Check the computer name or address and try again. If it fails again, then it is possible, you were locked out by a firewall program, or you don't have network connection to this server.

The tiscali smtp address is used within outlook and I can send and receive emails with this.

I have received a test confirmation email from Actinic when performing a test successfully using localhost.

I am now trying to configure the web settings and get the following error message using the exact same settings:

An error occured while sending an HTTP request to the web server. Perhaps your network is down or the web server is down. Try again or contact your network administrator or ISP to correct the situation.

I have contacted my reseller, who has inturn contacted FastHosts and advised that I will need to changed some of the settings within Actinic to resolve the problem. Unfortunately, my reseller has failed to send me the resolution and have closed for the weekend. And FastHosts will not speak to me as I am not a direct customer.

My website error.err file shows the following error message:
    Program = ORDERSCR, Program version = 505,
    HTTP Server = Apache/1.3.33,
    Return code = 999,
    Date and Time = 2006/11/22 22:54, Internal Errors = Error returned from SMTP server (1: 535 Error: authentication failed)

Please, please, please can someone advise how I sort this problem out so I can launch the business!!!

Trevor
    High Street Saver

The tiscali setting in outlook is you sending mail from your PC.

The Actinic setting you ae looking for is the Actinic website sending email from the server it is installed on.

Most common setting for email is localhost without any username or password and the requires authentication checkbox NOT ticked.

A forum search on Fasthosts settings is guaranteed to bring you many pertinent threads including successful settings used by other Actinic users.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
    X