Creating emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating emails

I want to create some emails I can use to send messages to my customers. These are in addition to what comes as standard.

I looked in Help and it says this:
    To edit the email layouts available with Actinic, or create new ones, click the 'Manage Layouts' button when writing an email. This brings up the 'Email Layouts' window – which contains the following options:

New
    Creates a new email layout and adds it to the list.

Copy
    Copies the currently-selected email layout to create a new one. You will need to supply a new name.

Edit
    Edits the currently-selected email layout.

Rename
    Renames the currently-selected email layout. You can only do this to user-defined email layouts – not the system ones.
    Delete
    Deletes the currently-selected email layout. You can only do this to user-defined email layouts – not the system ones.

when I do this the only buttons that are highlighted are 'copy' and 'edit'. 'New' is not there at all and 'rename' and 'delete' are greyed out.

I realise I can copy and rename, but why isn't there a new button and why is the delete button greyed out?

Jane
    Jane Thurnell-Read
    200 Plus Weight Loss Tips

500 Plus Health And Happiness Tips

Hi Jane

Looks like someone removed the 'New' button without telling the Help authors - I'll raise a bug. The reason 'Delete' and 'Rename' are greyed out is because you cannot change the 4 mails that come with Actinic. You can edit the text of them though.

Comment

good to know that sometimes it's not me being stupid!
      Jane Thurnell-Read
      200 Plus Weight Loss Tips

500 Plus Health And Happiness Tips

Comment

Creating new email templates

Just wondering if you had managed to gather anymore infromation regarding this problem, because we are experiencing the same issue and would like to get it sorted out.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightbulb
          Just wondering if you had managed to gather anymore infromation regarding this problem, because we are experiencing the same issue and would like to get it sorted out.

Thanks
          I thought this was sorted for 8.5?

What version are you currently on?
          Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
          Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

hi, we are but I have no idea how to create a new email for an automatic response to customers emailing us from the contact us button!
            Any help really useful.
            Cheers
            Brenda

Comment

Working...
            X