Sage and Actinic - price banding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sage and Actinic - price banding

We are considering purchasing Actinic V8 (I'm currently playing with a trial version) and upgrading our current accounts package to Sage so that we can link between the two. We expect to do the majority of our accounts work on Sage - we have many account customers and also want to use Sage for stock control.

We use a lot of quantity price banding (quantity-dependent pricing) on our range of products which Actinic deals with very well. What I am unable to work out is if any of the versions of Sage allow you to -

1 - do quantity price banding in the way that Actinic does
    2 - if all the order details/invoices (for price banded products) from Actinic could be successfully transferred between the two packages?

I hope that makes sense!

Unfortunately Sage do not offer evaluation versions of their software so I am struggling to work out if the above is possible using this software combination.

Edit to add - I have just downloaded a copy of Actinic Link for Sage and have had a thorough read of the help pages. It has not helped clarify this.

I would be interested to know if there anyone out there who uses quantity dependant pricing and has made this work?

it seems difficult becasue these packages have no big relation, may be someone could guide about it. we are struggling to get batch invoices into sage from actinic but could not solve it yet

Assad

Comment

Hi Julia

Sage does have a quantity-dependent pricing system - and Actinic Link has the ability to translate back and forth between Sage's way of doing things and Actinic's way.

You will probably need to create all your quantity-dependent prices from scratch in Sage as Actinic Link can then turn them into correct prices for Actinic.

It's all set up in Sage within the 'Discount' tab of a product. You can enter quantities and discounted prices within the grid there.

Comment

A belated thanks to Chris for his reply.

As far as I can see the only version of Sage that allows for quantity dependant pricing is Sage Line 50 Financial Controller although the Sage web site is not overly informative in how this is achieved.

I would be really interested to hear from anyone who is actually using Actinic and Sage with quantity dependant pricing so I could be sure this is the correct option before we give Sage a lot of money!

It's a real shame Sage are not willing to let you have evaluation versions of their software so you can test this sort of thing before buying.

Comment

Find a friend with a copy and test it, if it works then buy it. When software companies do this, they are only asking for trouble.

Comment

Good idea Lee - unfortunately I am unable to locate a friend with a copy!

At least Actinic are happy to let you destruction test their software.

Comment

Download a copy for testing then from one of these download sites, if they refuse to help as it will be an expensive investment, i'd stuff the rules for a few days just to test it out.

Or have a nice word with your accountant.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia_W
                It's a real shame Sage are not willing to let you have evaluation versions of their software so you can test this sort of thing before buying.
                Have you asked them?
                They were very helpful indeed when I did.
                Alternatively try this link...
                http://www.sage.co.uk/considering/Tr...spx?tid=213114

Comment

It's a real shame Sage are not willing to let you have evaluation versions of their software
                  I have had a trial CD from them when testing Link.

Comment

I tried asking them ...... perhaps I asked the wrong person!

I'll try again. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Roger

Have requested my CD

Cheers
                      Darren

Comment

Working...
                      X