Offering a Freebie??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offering a Freebie??

Whats the best way to offer a free product when a customer purchases selected products?
    So i you buy item 'A' you get item 'B' free
    Thanks
    andy

If it's as simple as buy 'A' and get 'B' free then I would just add it to the description for item A and include B as a component at zero price.

that way the ofefr is highly visible to everyone and item B will appear in the shopping cart, etc.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks for that Mike....
      All seems well apart from one product that has three comopnents already.
      When i add this 'Freebie', making four components in total, it doesn't show on the site and doesn't add it to the cart.
      If i change the order of the components, the top three show, but not the fourth!

Any idea why this is?

Thanks again
      Andy

Comment

That sounds like a bug to me. If it had been the way it was set up then it shouldn't have changed what's shown when you changed the component sequence.

Someone at actinic might like to take a look at this and see if they can confirm the problem.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Andy

I've just tried to reproduce this on my copy of Actinic and I always got the fourth component appearing OK. How odd.

I think you will need to register an email support query with Actinic via http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and ask them to take a look at what is happening with your installation.

Comment

Thank CD
            I've opened a support ticket with Actinic and will post back the results.

Andy

Comment

Working...
            X