Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help require customising my 'Also Bought' Feature

http://www.sitebetatest.com/acatalog/BlackCurtains.html

Hey guys... Was wondering if you could give me some advice...

At the bottom of the page, I've used the 'also bought' feature to utilise a way of displaying alternative designs of the product in question.

What I would like to know is, is there a way that this feature could point to PurpleCurtains.html (the multiple product page) rather than a specific product on that page?

Thanks,

John

anyone?

Is this possible?

If not I guess I'll have to look into something else...

Cheers,

John

Comment

John,

Surely thats what it is doing at the moment? Although the link is to the product code it does bring up PurpleCurtains.html. Having said that this is because you only have one product on that page.

If you have pages with multiple products, and you always want it to take you to the page top as opposed to the product on the page you could remove the product anchor from your product template, however this would have repercussions on the search as it would then do the same, meaning your customer would have to scroll the page to find the product they searched for.
      Cheers

David
      Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Hey

Thanks for replying, i appreciate it...

My main concearn really is that on the 'also bought' section on the page for the other product, it denotes the individual product in the title rather than the section that it comes from.

I want it to display for example:

Other design variations

Purple Orange Blue

Rather than:

Purple curtain size1 Orange curtain size 1 Blue curtain size 1

Comment

basically...

basically, I'd like to link sections in the also bought feature rather than linking to individual products.

Hope that makes it clearer as my explanations tend to be a bit fuzzy.

Comment

John,

The Also Bought list will always point to a product and therefore display a product name. The only way to do this would be to rename the product to just 'Purple'. Alternatively, you could use fragments and hard code the links into each product.
            Cheers

David
            Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

hey

Thanks again Dave,

I think I see what you mean...

I've created a fragment for 'purple curtains' and added a temporay colour swatch for it. I noticed in the links tab you can link to a specific section so I'd like to know if there was a way of making the fragment tile and image the link rather than text within the fragment?

Cheers,

John

Comment

ok

Ok, I've managed to do that now.

What I need now is to have the fragments displayed one after the other, rather than each on a new line.

I've amended the layout of the fragment and set it to the size of the swatch.

After browsing the help file I can see that its the fragement column count that I need to amend. However I can't see it!

I've gone into the page, gone to layout, and fragment section list or anyhting refering to column count is nowhere to be seen...

Could someone be able to tell me where I should be looking?

Cheers,

john

Comment

still a problem

This aspect of my design is still a problem...

Is there any way I can do this?

Cheers,

John

Comment

Hi there

Within the products, the fragments use the Product - "Column Count for Product", to find this, simply go to the section where the fragment and products are, and in the "Section Details", click on the "Layout" tab. You will see for "Product", "Column Count for Product". Change this to 2 or what ever you like, and when you click on apply, you will see the fragments have changed as well.

Kind Regards
                    Nadeem Rasool
                    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks

Hi Nadeem, thanks for replying....

However theres only one problem...

The order of my product section page goes something like this:

Fragment that comprises of left aligned image and text (1 column)

Product List

and I would also like this

Fragments that show alternative designs (5 columns)

However, if I set the product count for 5 columns, the layout goes nuts as it also adds more columns beside the top fragment and slots the products in there.

Is there any way to isolate that top fragment so that it remains unnafected by the change in column count?

Cheers,

John

Comment

Hi John

It is possible to edit the code of the product list in order to have different numbers of products/fragments in different rows.

To do this, go to 'Design | Library | Layouts' and expand the 'Product Lists' group. Double-click on whatever list layout you are currently using in your store. Click the orange 'Click here to edit list layout settings' text.

OK - now go into the 'Edit Rows\Columns' tab. You need to edit the 'No. of items' fields. I suggest you change the 'First Row' and the 'Middle Rows' to '1' and then change the 'Last Row' to '5'. Then copy and paste the HTML from the 'Middle Rows' fields into the 'First Row' and 'Last Row' fields so each row has valid table code.

This should fix it - although it means you always have to have five links at the bottom of each product.

Comment

Working...
                        X