Components Stock Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Components Stock Level

I am selling rings and other jewellery, so I have each ring size as a component and 1 ring as a product. I have 6 ring sizes L,N,Q,T,W,Y. The ring model number is say R76. So I have one ring as a product code R76, I then have 1 attribute (size) with 6 choices (L,N,Q,T,W,Y). These choices are components.
    So the model numbers of my rings are R76L, R76N, R76Q etc which are stock controlled. When a customer buys a ring they select a size and then that ring size stock is decreased and I buy another one of that size from the manufacturer and replenish the stock. The rest of my site has mainly one size items.
    On the one size items I have a 'block if' statement to add the text 'In Stock' if there is at least one in stock, and adds 'out of stock ' if there is none in stock. The problem I have is that I want the rings to be marked as in stock or out of stock next to the different sizes.

Has anybody done this before or have any idea how to do it.

regards
    Ian

Hi Ian

You need a couple of things to do this.

FIrst up, you need to create a product in your store for each available size of ring (i.e. a product called R76L, another product called R76N etc.). You need to enter a stock level for each size of ring within the Stock tabs of these products, and you also need to hide them by clicking the 'Hide On Web Site' checkbox on the 'General' tab.

You can then use the 'Permutations' tab of your component to associate each ring size with a hidden product.

Then you need the neat little fix called 'Showing Choices as Out of Stock' on p32 of the latest Advanced User Guide. That will sort you out.

Comment

Working...
    X