Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with display of prices & extended info links

Hello

I am having trouble with showing pricing details pricing and linking the extended info page.

Along the way, for some strange reason this page has been generated:

http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial31509/price.html

Price info on the product page looks like this:

http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial31509/Mens.html

All I want is a bog standard price inc VAT.

Also I have tried to include standard extended info links using the layout <actinic:variable name="ExtendedInformationLinks" /> but nothing appears on the above page (although the image does link through).

Where exactly do I set values for <actinic:variable name="IsPopUpPageDisplayedByButton" /> and similar "Is... ...?" variables???There might lie the solution to my woes.

Thanks

Scott

Hi there

This is normal, Actinic generates this file, and is used with the scripts. This is the only place that uses the old netquotevar variables

On the page, how did you get the following to appear?

NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEPROMPT NETQUOTEVARISCOUNT_QUANTITY NETQUOTEVAR:COSTNETQUOTEVAR:TAXMESSAGE
    Please advise

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi

Reason I mentioned the price.html page is that it only just started to be generated (I think!) - it gives a bunch of error messages when I load to server.

The code on the pruct page (sorry I should have posted) is:

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductFormUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
      <form method="post" action="<actinic:variable name="OnlineScriptURL" value="Shopping Cart Script URL" />">
      <input type="hidden" name="SID" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="SectionID"/>" />
      <input type="hidden" name="PAGE" value="PRODUCT" />
      <input type="hidden" name="PAGEFILENAME" value="<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" />" />
      <Actinic:SECTION BLOB='<Actinic:Variable Name="SectionCatFile"/>'/>
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsHostMode%22%20%2f%3e">
      <!-- Hidden field when in trial mode -->
      <input type="hidden" name="SHOP" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="HiddenFields"/>" />
      </actinic:block>

<table width="290" height= "200" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" border="0">
      <tr>
      <td width="160" align="center" valign="top">
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductImageDisplayed%22%20%2f%3e">
      <actinic:variable name="ProductImageLayout" />
      </td>
      <td width="130" align="left" valign="top">
      <a name="<Actinic:Variable Name="EncodedProductAnchor"/>">
      <h3 class="productDescription"><actinic:variable encoding="actinic" name="ProductName" /></h3></a>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductReferenceVisible%22%20%2f%3e" >
      Ref: <actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />

<br />
      <span class="textDescription"><actinic:variable encoding="actinic" name="ProductDescription" /><span> <br /> <br />

<actinic:variable name="PriceTemplateLayout" />

<br /> <br />

<actinic:variable name="ExtendedInformationLinks" />
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22FileURLNotEmpty%22%20%2f%3e">
      <br />
      <a href="<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductLinkInfo"/>">
      <Actinic:Variable Name="ProductLinkText"/>
      </a>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCustomerMessageUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
      <br />
      <Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION PROD_REF="<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />" COMPONENTID=-1><Actinic:Variable Name="RetailCustomerMessage"/></Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e">
      <b>
      <Actinic:PRICES PROD_REF="<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />" RETAIL_PRICE_PROMPT="<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductPriceDescription"/>">
      <actinic:variable name="PriceListRetail" />
      </Actinic:PRICES>
      </b>
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20False" >
      <Actinic:NOTINB2B><br /><strong><actinic:variable name="ProductPriceNotEnabledMessage" /></strong></Actinic:NOTINB2B>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22DiscountDescriptionIsShownForProducts%22%20%2f%3e">
      <br /><actinic:variable name="DiscountList" value="Standard Discount List" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOtherInfoPromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
      <br />
      <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="OtherInfoPrompt"/></span><br />
      <input type="text" name="O_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductReference"/>" size="40" maxlength="1000" value="" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsDatePromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
      <br />
      <span class="actrequired"><actinic:variable name="DatePrompt"/></span><br />
      <actinic:variable name="DayList" /><actinic:variable name="MonthList" /><actinic:variable name="YearList" />

<actinic:variable name="ComponentList" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsQuantityPromptHidden%22%20%2f%3e">
      <input type="hidden" name="Q_<actinic:variable name="ProductReference"/>" value="<actinic:variable name="DefaultQuantity"/>" />

<br /><actinic:variable name="CartError" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOutOfStockShown%22%20%2f%3e">
      <br /><br /><strong><span class="actrequired"><br /><Actinic:Variable Name="OutOfStock"/></span></strong>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCatalogSuspendedShown%22%20%2f%3e">
      <br /><br /><strong><span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="CatalogSuspended"/></span></strong>

<actinic:variable name="ProductAlsoBoughtList" />

<actinic:variable name="ProductRelatedProductsList" />
      </td>
      </tr>
      </table>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductFormUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
      </form>

Thanks

Scott

Comment

Scott

I suggest you replace
        <actinic:variable name="PriceTemplateLayout" />
        with
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e">
        <Actinic:PRICES PROD_REF="<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />" RETAIL_PRICE_PROMPT="<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductPriceDescription"/>">
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20False">
        <Actinic:NOTINB2B><br /><actinic:variable name="ProductPriceNotEnabledMessage" /></Actinic:NOTINB2B>
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCustomerMessageUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
        <br />
        <Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION PROD_REF="<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />" COMPONENTID=-1><Actinic:Variable Name="RetailCustomerMessage"/></Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION>
        ... which is the standard price code from a product layout.

With regards to your pop-up links. Try having a play with the options in the 'Extended Information' tab of the product. You can edit the 'Display' by options as you see fit.

Comment

Hi

I've inserted that code and now nothing shows on the page.

Today is the last day of the trial and I'm going to have serious trouble convincing the client to buy when I've been since last Thursday trying to get a price to show up!

I wiah I could find some help somewhere on How to insert a product price? How to insert an extended information link? Or how to make them appear when they are invisible! (You will see that price shows on home page on site in the New Products list.)

Anyway code is now:

<form method="post" action="<actinic:variable name="OnlineScriptURL" value="Shopping Cart Script URL" />">
          <input type="hidden" name="SID" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="SectionID"/>" />
          <input type="hidden" name="PAGE" value="PRODUCT" />
          <input type="hidden" name="PAGEFILENAME" value="<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" />" />
          <Actinic:SECTION BLOB='<Actinic:Variable Name="SectionCatFile"/>'/>
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsHostMode%22%20%2f%3e">
          <!-- Hidden field when in trial mode -->
          <input type="hidden" name="SHOP" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="HiddenFields"/>" />

<table width="290" height= "200" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" border="0">
          <tr>
          <td width="160" align="center" valign="top">
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductImageDisplayed%22%20%2f%3e">
          <actinic:variable name="ProductImageLayout" />
          </td>
          <td width="130" align="left" valign="top">
          <a name="<Actinic:Variable Name="EncodedProductAnchor"/>">
          <h3 class="productDescription"><actinic:variable encoding="actinic" name="ProductName" /></h3></a>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductReferenceVisible%22%20%2f%3e" >
          Ref: <actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />

<br />
          <span class="textDescription"><actinic:variable encoding="actinic" name="ProductDescription" /><span> <br /> <br />

<Actinic:PRICES PROD_REF="<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />" RETAIL_PRICE_PROMPT="<actinic:variable name="ProductPriceDescription" />">
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20False">
          <Actinic:NOTINB2B><br /><actinic:variable name="ProductPriceNotEnabledMessage" /></Actinic:NOTINB2B>
          <br />

<br /> <br />

<actinic:variable name="ExtendedInformationLinks" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22FileURLNotEmpty%22%20%2f%3e">
          <br />
          <a href="<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductLinkInfo"/>">
          <Actinic:Variable Name="ProductLinkText"/>
          </a>

<br />

<b>
          </b>
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20False" >
          <Actinic:NOTINB2B><br /><strong><actinic:variable name="ProductPriceNotEnabledMessage" /></strong></Actinic:NOTINB2B>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22DiscountDescriptionIsShownForProducts%22%20%2f%3e">
          <br /><actinic:variable name="DiscountList" value="Standard Discount List" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOtherInfoPromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
          <br />
          <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="OtherInfoPrompt"/></span><br />
          <input type="text" name="O_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductReference"/>" size="40" maxlength="1000" value="" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsDatePromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
          <br />
          <span class="actrequired"><actinic:variable name="DatePrompt"/></span><br />
          <actinic:variable name="DayList" /><actinic:variable name="MonthList" /><actinic:variable name="YearList" />

<actinic:variable name="ComponentList" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsQuantityPromptHidden%22%20%2f%3e">
          <input type="hidden" name="Q_<actinic:variable name="ProductReference"/>" value="<actinic:variable name="DefaultQuantity"/>" />

<br /><actinic:variable name="CartError" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOutOfStockShown%22%20%2f%3e">
          <br /><br /><strong><span class="actrequired"><br /><Actinic:Variable Name="OutOfStock"/></span></strong>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCatalogSuspendedShown%22%20%2f%3e">
          <br /><br /><strong><span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="CatalogSuspended"/></span></strong>

<actinic:variable name="ProductAlsoBoughtList" />

<actinic:variable name="ProductRelatedProductsList" />
          </td>
          </tr>
          </table>

</form>

If you are able to call to discuss number is 02088733702. Thanks

Comment

I am able to get somewhere by overiding the block settings by putting the code I want to show outside blocks.

It would be really, really helpful if you can explain how to alter the block settings...

For example although all the boxes are ticked on the Extended Info windows to make the link show, it does not.

How do I have control over variables "IsPopUpDisplayedByTextLink?" or "IsPopUpPageGenerated" etc, etc. Where do I set 'yes' or 'True'? I'm sure that if I understand this I will be able to stop bothering you.....

Or "PriceIsEnabled", "ProductPriceIsEnabled"?

Thanks

Scott

Comment

Scott - I've tried your product layout code with my products and it works perfectly.

It might be you haven't selected the correct options for the product. For example - no price appears in the product layout if there is no price entered for a product. Also, you won't get pop-up links appearing if you don't have 'Generate Popup page' selected.

Comment

Thanks - accidentally or otherwise things appear to be coming together.

But it still would be useful to know those variables mentioned above get set?

Thanks

Scott

Comment

IsPopUpDisplayedByTextLink
                  To set this to 'True' click the 'Text Link' option under 'Display By' in the 'Extended Information' tab of a product.

IsPopUpPageGenerated
                  Tick the 'Generate Pop-Up Page' tickbox in the 'Extended Information Tab'

PriceIsEnabled
                  Business Settings | Options ('Display Prices')

ProductPriceIsEnabled
                  'Enabled' tickbox in 'Product | Prices'.

I got all these from 'Help | Variable Reference Guide'.

Comment

Working...
                  X