Font changing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Font changing problem

I wanted to add meta data information to the Actinic pages on our website. As soon as I added the meta data information the font on that specific page changes from the default selected Verdana to Times New Roman. Removing the meta data information again reverts the site back to the Verdana font. Is there a bug in Actinic or is there a way to add this information without the font changing?

Without seeing what you've done it's very hard to answer.

However it's quite likely that you've entered a malformed META tag (missing closing " or > perhaps) and that's breaking the subsequent code on the page.

Have a look at the generated source of the faulty page and see what your META code looks like there.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I want to add meta information for each product section through Actinic. When I add either meta description and/or meta keywords, the font style and colouring completely changes. If I remove the both the meta tags, the site goes back to normal. You can see what I mean by going to http://www.golfersmarket.co.uk/acatalog/QOLF.html . That is the only section where meta information has been put. The font style is different to the other pages.

Comment

Your generated code is broken (as I guessed). I get
        Code:
        <meta name="keywords" content="accuracy,all ages,challenging,course,croquet,custom,family,fun,golf,golfers,grass surface,indoor,lawn games,limited flight ball,outdoor,pitching wedge,players,practice,QOLF,QOLFball,sharpen,short game skills,shot accuracy,skill,teams,touch" /><meta name="description" content="The first play anywhere golf game.  QOLF is a challenging and fun game that will sharpen your short game.  A cross between croquet and golf, the game is a fun alternative to traditional lawn games." /><link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /><style type="text/css">
        But you have
        Code:
        <meta name="keywords" content="QOLF, indoor, outdoor, golf, croquet, family, fun, practice, challenging, all ages, lawn games, accuracy, touch, skill, pitching wedge, limited flight ball, QOLFball, custom, course, grass surface, players, teams, golfers, sharpen, short game skills, shot accuracy &quot; /&gt;
        <meta name="description" content="The first play anywhere golf game.  QOLF is a challenging and fun game that will sharpen your short game.  A cross between croquet and golf, the game is a fun alternative to traditional lawn games. &quot; /&gt;<link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
        So your tags are not being closed because &quot; /&gt; is there instead of ">

Have you altered your Overall Layout?

The code that works fine here in my Overall Layout for generating the META's is
        Code:
           <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Section%22%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22GlbMetaKeywords%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22%29" >
        	   <meta name="keywords" content="<actinic:variable name="GlbMetaKeywords" />" />
           </actinic:block>
           <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Section%22%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22GlbMetaDescription%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22%29" >
        	   <meta name="description" content="<actinic:variable name="GlbMetaDescription" />" />
           <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Section%22" >
        	   <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22MetaKeywords%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
        		   <meta name="keywords" content="<actinic:variable name="MetaKeywords" />" />
           <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Section%22" >
              <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22MetaDescription%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
        	      <meta name="description" content="<actinic:variable name="MetaDescription" />" />
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for that. It works fine now. I had a look at it and did put the "/> in but forgot to remove the &quot; /&gt; part. Removing this fixed everything. Thanks again.

Comment

font colour

hi roman,
            i am a new user for v8 , i got no idea the code that you advise to the other user to change the font.
            here is our website.
            http://www.all2ugiftshop.co.uk

can you able to help us? i dont have knowledge to write a programme.

tks in advance.

Comment

faitang,

You seem to be confused. Your site uses Actinic Express - this is not the same as Actinic Catalog version 8.

Bruce posted in the Actinic Express forum that it is NOT possible to change the font in Actinic Express. Hijacking other threads in the v8 forum will not get you a different answer.
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

hi bill,
                tks for your quick reply.

Comment

Working...