Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Empty Drop Down Permutations List = Hide Add To Cart Button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empty Drop Down Permutations List = Hide Add To Cart Button?

I've had a reply to one of my posts which has enabled me to tweek my site but I just need a little more, in - Design | Library | Layouts' I opened the 'Drop Down Permutation List' layout for editing.

I then clicked the orange 'Click here to edit list layout settings' link and then entered "Sorry all sizes are out of stock" in the 'Empty List' field, I also made this text Red and Bold. This displayed the text a treat but a customer has just gone ahead and added the item to the cart and paid for it. I now have to send her an email a conduct a refund, not good.

Is there some code that I can type into this design area to hide the Add To Cart button when the Drop Down Permutations List is empty? This would be great.

Thanks

Shacks

Hi Sue

Me again

You could always try adding '<actinic:variable name="AddToCartButton" />' into the 'End of List' field for the 'Drop Down Permutation List' layout - that way, no list should equal no add to cart button.

Comment

I think it's close

Hi Chris,

I have pasted the <actinic:variable name="AddToCartButton" /> code in below Jan's code but it has no effect. Any other ideas? I can't believe that customers will still go ahead when then message that you showed me how to do, clearly states no sizes in stock. AAAggghhh.

Shacks

Comment

in below Jan's code
        It goes in a different layout to Jan's code.

It needs to go in the layout called 'Drop Down Permutation List'.

Select this layout, then click the 'edit list layout settings' button.

<actinic:variable name="AddToCartButton" /> needs to go at the bottom of the 'End of List' field.

Comment

Working...
        X