VAT Rounding not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT Rounding not working

I've been through all the steps indicated in the various threads concerning VAT rounding and still have no joy.

I have attached screenshots of the steps I have taken so that you can see what I have done. The item in question is priced at £2.99 (inc VAT) which is £2.54 (excl VAT).

This causes a massive problem if you order 20 of these items:
    20 x £2.54 = £50.80 + VAT of £8.80 = £59.60 (Wrong!!)
    should be:
    20 x £2.54 = £50.80 + VAT of £8.89 = £59.69 (Correct!!)

You will see that I have added text showing the actual price of £2.99 by the weight. This is only to make it look the same as all other products that do have weight choices.

What have I done wrong? What have I not done?

Mike
    Attached Files
    Boy, this is a big learning curve.....and YES I've got my crampons on!
    www.shop.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk

An added attachment:

Mike
    Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I've just found something else from the Knowledge base:

The standard workaround is to change the 'Tax Treatment' of the problem items to 'Custom' and manually enter the correct amount of VAT.

This is not explained fully but I have found this setting in 'Product Details'|'Details' tab, changed the tax rate to 'custom' and set the 'Custom Tax' to £0.45.

lets see what that does to the above calculation for 20 items.

See attachment.......I think that too is wrong.

Mike
      Attached Files

Comment

When you use the standard tax, there are also options in the tax settings that allow you to define rounding to be done for each item or for each line - If it is usual for customers to order many items you need to use the per line tax rounding.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I've changed that setting with no effect to the cart price for 20 items: see attachments:

Mike
          Attached Files

Comment

Apologies for that.......

£59.80 is correct!!!!.....I think I'm going completely mad...

What i may do is use this as an example and write a complete new thread to show how you can get an item priced at £2.99 to display the correct price in the catalogue and at the checkout.

One thing I have noticed is that changing the setting in text item 229 only alters the Current value, the Default value is greyed out and does not change, consequently the price still appears by the product.

Any ideas on that one?

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X