Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a variable to the cart display

My apologies (as elsewhere!) if this is a real novice question:

We allow customers to place an order with us that includes both products available for immediate delivery and products currently out of stock, with the out-of-stocks following on at a later date once available.

I have successfully created a new variable for product availability and can handle uploading regular updates to this variable. (In 97% of cases, it simply reads "In Stock", in the other 3% for example "Expected 13/1".) I have added the variable to all my product layouts and it looks great.

I would now like to be able to add it to the cart lists/tables in the bounce page, shopping cart, and checkout sections (and in the confirmation emails) but when I simply add the variable onto these layouts, nothing happens. Do I need to add some code somewhere to ensure that this new variable is added to the cart with each product?

THANK YOU all in advance!

Neill.
    ~

You have to set "Upload" in the Variable Definition to make it's value available to the Cart scripts.

However actually displaying it will require patching to Perl scripts ActinicOrder.pl n(cart) and OrderScript.pl (Email and downloaded Order). Not easy to do.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X