X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Layout Changes Help required

Hi all

How can i change the layout to have three colum headings for example

Description.............................................. Price................ Qty

and maybe have a coloured box surounding the text. To under stand what i mean exactly here is a link to a website showing what i am trying to acheive

http://www.theinkdepot.co.uk/acatalo...900___243.html

Do you know how to use HTML and CSS?

Comment

Hi Lee

Not to well but willing to give it a go to get the results. If you help great!

Keith

PS by the way i fixed the problem with the parse error in main on line 1

Comment

Keith

As much as i would love to have enough free time to help people with their site designs whenever they need it, i do have to earn a living myself. If you get stuck and can't understand things, then i will always try and add something if i can, however i would never commit to helping someone as a favour.

It takes years to learn things Keith, but with time, patience and shear hard work, you can get there if you have the correct attitude. If it is all a bit strange and confusing, you may be best to employ a designer to help you, leaving you focussing on getting the business up and running.

From some of your other threads, you seem new to this and have a vast amount to do, without a very basic understanding of how websites, html, css etc. work, it will be an uphill struggle.

If i tell you to create a table or use divs and css within the layout to create the effect that you are after and you do not understand what i am really talking about, then i would suggest that it is beyond mentoring and help within a forum and moving towards site design for free.

Take a look at some free tutorials on the web to give you a basic understanding of the terms used and what they mean, at least people can communicate with you in the same language then. Or maybe someone has the time to help you with this, without anything from your end, i cannot really help.

Good luck and don't give up. Just remember if you know very little at the moment, than you are undoubtedly better off to keep all things standard and as they are out of the box. This will keep things simpler and you can start getting to custom designs, once you are more familiar.

Comment

thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
          X