Payment Method - Control Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment Method - Control Choices

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can control the Payment method choices based on the value of the order ?

I am building a registered customer only B2B site where if a customer orders above a certain amount they can choose either credit card or invoice with order otherwise they can only pay using credit card.

Can you not do this under discounts and surcharges.

Use order level, then select restrictions to payment types, in general put in you cart value amount and restrictions select the typ of payment.

You may need to mess around with this but i think it should work

Cheers
    Darren

Comment

Good Idea but no cigar

Good idea and I have brushed up on how Discounts and Surcharges are setup and work. The trigger (cart value) can instigate a discount or surcharge combined with a payment method but it cannot itself 'restict' the payment methods allowed.

Thanks for the idea :-)

Comment

But set this restriction up to be in the defined bands that you create, you do not have to discount anything or surcharge anything.

i.e set up you bands in the genral tab then select what payment method in the restriction tab, if you start the band at £10 and stop it at £100 should this then stop it displaying it on the website fo £10.01 to £99.99. and the payment method you want to use for all denominations do not create.

I have not tried this myself as the test site i am working on a present does not have different payment methods.

Cheers
        Darren

Comment

Working...
        X