X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page title and SectionLink wrong..

Hi,

http://63.135.113.240/nowplay/acatalog/Gadgets.html

Have a look at this page and click through to a product. I am using the extend info page including add to cart button. However something has gone wrong. The SectionLink variable (to get link back to previous section) is ok in Actinic preview, but they go wrong when I upload.

Best sellers should be gadgets.. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

I am complete lost in what you are trying to achieve, best sellers is a section on its own?

I like the site though

Comment

Thanks.. Nearly there..

Isn't best sellers always a page on its own if you want it to be? The problem is on pages like this.

http://63.135.113.240/nowplay/acatalog/radio-car.html

This is using the extended info page in same window trick. But the SectionLink variable isn't uploading correctly or something. I am using it for the home | best sellers link on that page, but obviously best sellers should actually be gadgets (the parent section). Which it is in the Actinic preview, but not when it uploads..

Very strange problem.

Thanks for your repy!

Steve

Comment

I would imagine that this product is a duplicate and the original exists in your "Best Sellers" section. If you have it so the extended info URL is the same for all duplicates then the breadcrumbs will always show the trail back to the products master section.

I have briefly looked for a solution for this but at the moment have come up with nothing however to be fair I have not given it much thought?

Comment

Best sellers is an automatic product page though.. I have never added any products to it, only just realised that you can, they are just there automatically.The products have been added into the other sections.

I must have deleted something from a template somewhere that is causing this strange behaviour. Nightmare! So weird it is fine in Actinic preview but not online..

Steve

Comment

Anyone have any other ideas? The exact same thing (using the sectionlink variable on an extended info page) works for another site...

Comment

what happens if you deleted the best sellers section and uploaded again?

Comment

If I delete it and upload then things work again.. And if I then undelete it doesn't work.. What I dont understand is that these products were created in the Gadget section.. Strange.

Comment

With it deleted, change the name of the page in the Extended html tab to somthing slightly different.

When you re-enable the best sellers page I assume there is a duplicate of this product in there, change the name of the page in this duplicates Extended Info tab (assuming you are able to), if not check that the names are the same (the new name).

Just to clarify, the products are in the Gadgets section of your actinic products tree and the entry you see in the best sellers tree is just a duplicate of this?

Comment

The best sellers page is just an automatic page that Actinic creates. Maybe it isn't in any of the themes you have been using. There are no product duplicates in there which is why it is all so strange!

Thanks for all your ideas though!

Comment

OK...

For anyone who is interested, this has now be officially added as a bug by Actinic.

Basically if you use the SectionLink variable in an extended info page, and that product is also in your best sellers, or new products page, the SectionLink will be best sellers or new products, rather that the product's correct category.

It doesn't look like this will be fixed in 8.0.4 as it is too late, but it should be fixed in the next version.

The only fix I can see at the moment is to upload the site including your best sellers and new products pages. Then delete them and reupload. As long as you have linked to these pages from somewhere else (like my tabs here http://63.135.113.240/nowplay/index.html) you can enjoy the benefits of the best sellers page, but the SectionLink variable should be correct for your products.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                      X