Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing happens when i press the update button

Hi can anyone help with this.

My site passed the tests and the wizard website configuration. But when i try to upload the chnages to the site nothing happens...all i get is the cursor and the eggtimer flashing at me!! Any ideas why this is happening/what i can do about it?

Also, when i view my site in preview all works except when i click the add item to cart i get this error:A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: Error opening the index "../acatalog/oldprod.fil". No such file or directory. The web site is probably being updated. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If the problem persists, contact us.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner

The perl file is in the directory so why doesn't it see it and why can i not get it to purchase anything?

I am evry new to this kind of website program and so i am unsure as to what to do or why it is happening...

help anyone?

Cheers
    Abi Rhodes

It's possible the table which contains that data to compare current file timestamps with the uploaded file timestamps is corrupted. Try Compacting the databases, and then when Actinic is reopened, do a website purge and refresh rather than an update.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Tried that - nothing happened

Hi,

thanks for the advice. I tried it but nothing happened..it is actually stuck on the website purge and refresh now and has been for 15 mins. The cursor and eggtimer are there, the task manager says catalog.exe is running fine, the harddrive makes noises every now and then but no traffic is heading over the internet.

Any other options open to me?

Comment

Tried that - nothing happened

Hi,

thanks for the advice. I tried it but nothing happened..it is actually stuck on the website purge and refresh now and has been for 15 mins. The cursor and eggtimer are there, the task manager says catalog.exe is running fine, the harddrive makes noises every now and then but no traffic is heading over the internet.

Any other options open to me?

Comment

You could try changing your CGI script ID in "Web | Network Setup"

e.g. If it is currently 1 then change to 2

This forces actinic to recreate all cgi files and HTML files with cgi path references in them.
          This would get arround any timestamp problems, and it has also proven to resolve the "nothing happens I click update" problem people have experienced in the past.
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

It is a script buggered up. They need recreating.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for your help with little problem. Changing the 1 to a 2 worked a treat and it is now all up and running

Thanks again...Abi

Comment

Working...
              X