Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managing Permutations

Hi All

I am adding some items to my site which are made up from various options. e.g. a plaque with additional options such as no of letters, chipped edge, colour, size, pattern etc. Due to the large potential amount of letters say 30, times by each option it can go into 1000's of permutations.

I have added combo lists where the user selects which option they want, but when calculating the price in permutations it equates to over 1000 permutations. Is there another way to take each selection and calculate the price from that?

I hope this is clear, and any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Can you use price banding e.g. 0 to 10 letters, 11 to 20 letters, 21 to 30 letters?

That would cut it down to 100's

Similar banding of other options may also be possible, further reducing the number of permutations to an acceptable level.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for replying

Unfortunatly we need each letter individually priced so banding is not possible. Do you or anybody else know if there is a code function I could use? or does it look like I need to put a lot of hours in.

Additionally, does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of permutaions you can add?

Comment

Hi Colin,

I'm afraid other than what Bill said, you would need to manually put in all permuation for all choices. There is no other way to do this in Actinic.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

I have an add-on that is designed for engravers, embroiderers, etc. You have fine control over the price per character, the number of free characters, the number of lines, the number of characters allowed per line, a fixed setup charge if any engraving is required, etc.

See http://www.drillpine.biz/ttrophies/a..._Products.html for a demo.

This isn't free (it's a huge amount of customisation) so you'll have to contact me by email.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X