HSBC - Details bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC - Details bug

V7 had a problem with passing separate delivery details to HSBC - there was a fix for this. I note that V8 has the same problem - dose the fix work for V8 and can the it be applied to V8 as standard please.

Actinic only passes addresses across to HSBC if you configure Actinic to use 'Advanced' settings for either tax or shipping (or both). You cannot just have a free form text field for the country as HSBC requires a country code to do the address matching. This only happens if customers select their location from a drop-down list.

This is set up in 'Business Settings | Tax' (use 'Advanced' rather than 'Simple') and 'Business Settings | Shipping and Handling' (change the calculaton basis to something other than 'Simple'). In both these areas you have to configure the zones that you want to charge shipping/tax for, by adding countries to these zones from a list.
    This does not seem to be working in V8.

Comment

Hi Malcolm - sorry this didn't work for you. The same 'advanced location selection' solution should work in v8 - and certainly it has been tested with v8.

Can I encourage you to work this through with support over the phone to ensure that everything is set up as it needs to be.

Comment

We had this problem as we had created 'countries' as parts of the UK (mainland, islands etc.)

We now have one country (UK) with the correct code and created states for the sub-areas so we could apply different shipping. Worked a treat with HSBC. Maybe this is the problem?
        Blank DVD
        Cloth Nappies

Comment

Can I encourage you to work this through with support over the phone to ensure that everything is set up as it needs to be
          Did this and it appears that for it to work in V8 BOTH shipping AND Tax need to be set to advanced.

Comment

You can set tax to Advanced and select 'Always apply tax' and then select VAT. Thats what we did. No zones to worry about.
            Blank DVD
            Cloth Nappies

Comment

You can set tax to Advanced and select 'Always apply tax' and then select VAT. Thats what we did. No zones to worry about
              Yes I know - but in V7 you could use simple tax and advanced shipping or the other way round. It now looks like you cannot use the simple tax option - for sites that sell items that are exempt tax that means they need to set the tax as exempt for each product instead of just setting simple tax.

Another bug is that when you do this and create a duplicate of the tax exempt product it shows the price with VAT added even though the tax is set as exempt

Comment

Hi Malcolm
                Another bug is that when you do this and create a duplicate of the tax exempt product it shows the price with VAT added even though the tax is set as exempt
                I've just tried to reproduce this, and didn't succeed. Could you let me know where I am differing from your method?
                1. I checked my tax settings were set to 'Advanced'
                2. I set a product's tax status to 'Exempt' (in my case it was the 'Basic T'). The price shows as '£5.11'
                3. I then created a duplicate of the Basic T.
                4. The price of the new Basic T duplicate still shows as £5.11

Comment

Working...
                X