Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet Explorer 7 annoyance. Each Preview opens in a new tab.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Explorer 7 annoyance. Each Preview opens in a new tab.

Since IE7 is being auto updated onto the world+dog I bit the bullet and went for it on my main system (leaving IE6 on several of my trusty VMWare machines, for compatibility testing).

However, if you use IE7, every time you click the Offline Page Preview, it opens yet another tab. I'm on 8.0.3 but it's the same using 8.0.4beta.

This gets rather crowded if you're making a zillion little changes and want to see each one in a full browser. No serious bug, just a minor pain closing all these tabs.

Is everyone else seeing this? I tried searching but small words like ie7 and tab are skipped by the forum.

The previous IE6 behaviour was to replace the previously opened Preview browser window with the new one. Much less cluttered.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

I agree with Norman, but I think this is IE7 at work rather than actinic as I get the same behaviour with actinic V6 which always re-used the same window with IE6.

It would be nice if actinic could find a way around this as I do find that IE7 takes quite a while to open up a new tab.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

IE7 - Tools | Internet Options, General Tab - Tabs section - Change how webpages are displayed in tabs - Click Settings, choose the last option "The current tab or window" in the 'Open links from other programs in' section.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Yay! I'd run IE7 / Tools; missed it staring me in the face and gone straight to Advanced.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X