Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Accounts

Whats the quickest way ??

I have a wholesale site.. I want people to be able to view all the products, but not see the prices or be able to purchase them. I want them to have to login to see prices.

Is the only way of changing this to create a new customer group and move all my customers over to this and then go into every product and change the price from customer group standard to the one i've just created(wholesale)

Hope ive explained this clear enough...
    For Everyday Pet Products
    www.pet-bliss.com

For Doggy Bling and Clothes
    www.poshpaws.ie

Hi Lyndsey,

I had this same question but for Version 7. I think you are pretty much correct as far as the new customer group is concerned but I'm not so sure about the the pricing change to the products. The following is what I have done with my wholesale only site. This may or may not be helpful to you but at least its something to look into.

There are a few steps you have to go through to achieve what you want.

Firstly you need to create a new customer group (as you mentioned), for example Wholesale, then add all of your customers to this group. If the price you have entered into the Product Details/General/Price box is your wholesale price then you shouldn't need to do anything else (from what I can remember) to the "Wholesale" customer group. If the price you entered into the here is your rrp then you will have to set the Customer Pricing for the "Wholesale" group to a "Divide by" whatever margin you're working on.

The next step, when you've created a new or are editing and existing product, is to go to the "Prices" tab under Product Details and uncheck the "Enabled" box on the Retail customer group line (or whatever the standard customer group is for you). This should remove the price for all viewers of your page unless they are logged in.

If, like me, you have uploaded several thousand products to actinic this would be an excedingly time consuming and inefficient method but works well if you're just adding a handful of products at a time. The following thread is a V7 workaround for large numbers of products, but may well still be valid for V8. Having not yet worked on V8 database I can't confirm that though.

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=14201

In V7, even though you unselect the Enabled check box for the Retail Customer group under Prices in Product Details, the add to cart button still appears (although it doesn't allow unregistered customers to create an order). This thread may also help, http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=15071 but again this is related to issues in V7.

Finally, if you are using the Price box under the Product Details/General tab, as your wholesale price I would advise that you open up your Customer Accounts and for each one check the Hide Retail Prices box, under the Buyers tab, otherwise you will have some confused retailers and duplicated information. If, on the other hand, your Prices box has your rrp in it then ignore this section if you want your customers to be able to see the wholesale and rrp when they are logged in.

If you do use this or any other workaround I would strongly suggest (although this should be normal procedure before any major alterations) backing up your database first.

I hope this is of some use to you.

Someone please correct me if these steps are not valid for V8 as I will be upgrading shortly.

Comment

Hi,

We are just going through this process now and have got it working in V8. All prices and buy it now buttons are removed leaving a message 'This product is only available to registered customer'.

The only problem weve got is that when you log on a price appears for both retail and unit prices.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? as we dont want a retail price showing.

Many thanks
      Sally
      Regards
      Sally

Fashion Jewellery Wholesale - Glitzy Jewels

Comment

The next step, when you've created a new or are editing and existing product, is to go to the "Prices" tab under Product Details and uncheck the "Enabled" box on the Retail customer group line
        from the post immediately above your own...
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks Bill,

I had got it correct in the prices settings but I also had a price set in the General tab price setting.
          Regards
          Sally

Fashion Jewellery Wholesale - Glitzy Jewels

Comment

Working...
          X