Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too many clicks

Am I missing a trick here?

At the mo to swap from editting actinic stylesheet to preveiwing the result I do this.

1 Have Layout code box for Actinic StyleSheet open
    2 Click Apply changes
    3 Click Page Preview Tab
    4 Go up to Select Page Type, scroll up to find Content Page
    5 Click icon for single page view

to return to edit style sheet

6 Go up to Select Page Type, scroll up and down to find Actinic StyleSheet- (thats several clicks)
    7 Click Layout Tab to be able to edit css

Thats 7 plus clicks to see a simple page view, this may seem insignificant to some but when you mutlipy this with several views per minute its very irritating. Don't suggest I do a local site preview (rather than one page) as this takes longer to run through all the sections than it takes to do all these silly clicks.

Use the edit stylesheet in external file trick? That should save you some time.

Comment

one way that i found speeds this up is rather than going through the page preview option is just to change from design to content view (from the actinicstylesheet code layout) then if you change back to design view it should go back to athe actinicstylesheet code.

Hope this helps

Regards
      Jon
      www.designtoplease.co.uk
      www.getmeoutofahole.com
      www.toys4james.co.uk
      Located in Herts

Comment

Use the edit stylesheet in external file trick?
        Yep I've gone for this trick - who said I was a one trick pony?

Comment

Am I missing a trick here
          NO - I suggested back in August that the text view of the css should be replaced by a preview window so you could see css changes when they are applied. I will add it to the wish list.

Comment

Working...
          X