Customer Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Accounts

Currently I have one pc 50 miles away from me that does order processing and creates customer accounts because they have the orders requesting accounts.

I have a pc that does all website updates etc.

When I send down a copy of my updates to products, its through a export/import of the .acd process.

This then overwrites any accounts that have been created on the order processing pc.

How can I get around this ?

Do I run a export query from the order processing pc on the accounts table and then import it onto the development pc ?

Is there anything else I need to do apart from update the customer accounts table ?
    For Everyday Pet Products
    www.pet-bliss.com

For Doggy Bling and Clothes
    www.poshpaws.ie

hi do you mean you send a snapshot down to upload to the order processing machine?

If this is the case from what i have gathered from reading threads on this forum you dont need to update the site on the order processing pc after its set up. i.e. you only need to update the site on the pc you are using for updating the website (you only need to use a snapshot to set up the order pc in the beginning so that both machines have same actinic ecryption keys etc).

hope that makes sense.

Regards
    Jon
    www.designtoplease.co.uk
    www.getmeoutofahole.com
    www.toys4james.co.uk
    Located in Herts

Comment

You have to transfer customer accounts via snapshots - there is an export customer details that allows you to export customer details into a text file but you cannot use this to transfer accounts because they will be assigned different ids internally and orders may be assigned to the wrong account.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Does anyone know if this is resolved now (in 8.5.1?)

If not - would it be possible to use the account import facility if you wanted to just take customer account data from 1 copy of Actinic to another but were not worried about the order ID's from the source PC?
        Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
        www.internetology.co.uk
        Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

Working...
        X