X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finaly the V8 site is finished, but doesnt work

Hmm

Right, the story so far.

I baught and produced a V7 Site and then a few weeks later V8 came out.

The site would not simply transfer across to V8 so i rebuilt it from scratch.

Everything worked fine on my V8 site on my LAPTOP (where i build things)

I installed V8 on the computer where the orders are processed and updated it to the same version i am working on and imported the deployed site file from my developer software.

The website works online but throws errors in the software.

I am using Norman's "NorTree" and that seems to be throwing errors, but i dont have a clue where to even start.

It references some coding errors at line 4 and 32, but there is nothing of any intrest on either of those pages.

please help
    Nineplus.com - Surfboards, Longboards, Wetsuits and Accessories.

As always, an URL would help.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Sorry, forgot the most important bit.

its:
      http://www.sgtbash1337.co.uk/nineplusv8/acatalog/

I also had to manually upload all the image included in the "red bar" at the top which i have never had to do before.

For some reason the "products" image that shows as the menu has not been passed through for upload either.

I cant understand why it would be different from deploying a site image from designer into business. I thaught that designer was made for that. Im going to have a lot of trouble if every site i deploy has errors.

Bash

Comment

I am using Norman's "NorTree"
        I dont see any menu?

Comment

It SHOULD be along the links at the top.

Home | News | Products

Products should be displayed, but it is not, so only a blank space is shown

Comment

The website works online but throws errors in the software.

I am using Norman's "NorTree" and that seems to be throwing errors, but i dont have a clue where to even start.

It references some coding errors at line 4 and 32, but there is nothing of any intrest on either of those pages.
            more detail on the actual errors would help....

Comment

Products should be displayed, but it is not, so only a blank space is shown
              Looks like a missing image to me.

Comment

Ok, didnt think, i cant get the error messages until i get back to the office on tuesday.

I made the site on my developer software on my laptop and deployed it to a business software on the pc in the office.

I was expecting for it to send the site over and all will be good.

First - the menu used on the "products" image didnt work locally (preview) where it did on my laptop

I did a site refresh and the menu worked online

Second - the "red bar" images worked locally, but were not included in the upload so did not work online - i manually uploaded these images and now they work, apart from the "products" image that NorTree uses.

There are 2 code error messages that are given but i cannot remember what these are.

How does the code error thing work exactly, it didnt seem to take me to a different page than the one i was looking at and i remember it pointing me to a line with a single tag on </head> i THINK.

Bash

Comment

I don't see any JavaScript errors. Just missing images.

The file nav_products.jpg isn't on your server. Keep this file in Site1 and upload it via Design / Additional files.

It's also a good idea to keep an extra copy of any NorTree background images and navigation arrows in DesignPreviewHTML and PreviewHTML.

Also, if you use NorTree on your home page, you'll need to manually FTP these images into your site root.

Comment

Also, I see you're now on 8.0.3. See http://www.drillpine.biz/forums/viewtopic.php?t=216 for updating NorTree to work more efficiently with 8.0.3 (it contained a kludgy workaround for an Actinic 8.0.2 bug).

Comment

Ok, i will do all that when i am back at the office on tuesday.

Thanks

Comment

OK, im back in the office today and have my laptop (development machine) and the office computer (the one my shop will be running on) in front of me.

I had a brain wave while at home, and discovered that NorTree the program was not installed and also "nortree_menu_var.js" had not been passed into the site directory.

When i open NorTree, it does not understand that i already have variable files and tries to make new ones, is there a way of making it find the current var files?

Dan

p.s.

the menu on preview and coding error problems have been solved when i put the menu_var file in place.

The image still does not work though.

Comment

Also, I see you're now on 8.0.3. See http://www.drillpine.biz/forums/viewtopic.php?t=216 for updating NorTree to work more efficiently with 8.0.3 (it contained a kludgy workaround for an Actinic 8.0.2 bug).
                          have you done this?

Comment

Just done it, and the menu does not work at all now hmm.

Dan

Comment

Just done it...
                              I still see the V802 patch on e.g. http://www.sgtbash1337.co.uk/nineplu.../wetsuits.html - the menu seems to be working there. Double-check that you've updated this menu to 8.0.3.

Comment

Working...
                              X