Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8 Site import crashes

Hi there
    I am following advice on how to upgrade my V7.5 site to V8 and am not getting very far. I have installed V8 as a fresh install. I have created a snapshot of my current site. When I try to import the snapshot, it goes through the upgrade procedure and then just bombs out (see attached pic).

I have restarted the machine, uninstalled, reinstalled, tried again but nothing seems to get this snapshot in. What can I do ? This is very frustrating.

HELP!
    Attached Files

You could try with V8.0.4 (just released) and see if that fixes it.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi there

I started afresh, installed v8 and then the 8.4 patch and it still crashes when importing my snapshot.

What can I do ? I can't upgrade.

Comment

I'd contact actinicsupport as there may be something amiss with your v7 snapshot - they may offer to look at it

Comment

It'a also worth compacting your database in V7 before making the snapshot just in case there's a problem that can be fixed that way. Other than that, as Jo says, your best bet is to contact actinic support as it doesn't sound like a problem that anyone's come across before.

Mike

Comment

Ok Will do - I have never been able to compact a database, it always says actinic is in use and fails to do it.

Comment

I have never been able to compact a database
              ahhh there I suspect is your problem.

If you have access there are some repair/compact tools there, otherwise its an Actinic support jobbie

Comment

Really? You should get a message saying actinic is going to close and will need to be restarted. You'll then get a message afterwards saying that compacting has been successful and actinic can now be restarted (or something like that).

If you cant compact the database then definitely get support involved as it sounds like something is stuck somewhere.

Mike

Edit: Ahh. See Jo got there at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                X