Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duplicate graphic names

aaaaarrrrgggghhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone help please I am getting very frustrated.

I am getting the following error message:
    Some filenames conflict. All files being sent to the web site must have unique names. Please check the list of files in Design | Additional Files.
    Some of the following files must be renamed before an upload can occur. Once the files are renamed, reselect them in the Actinic.
    C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Site1\oceanic\3mmglove.jpg
    C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Site1\typhoon\3mmglove.jpg

I have renamed the graphic,
    I have renamed every reference to it.
    I have hidden the product
    I have deleted the graphic. I have compacted the database at every step.

I STILL GET THE MESSAGE

Help please

May be worth FTP'ing to the server and delete the image there also. Have you also checked the site1 subfolders for refs to the image?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks,

I have deleted all references i can find on my hard drive. I have also deleted the files at the ftp site ?????

This is very frustrating

Comment

Do a file search on your PC.
        You will probably find that you have the image on your PC somewhere that you didn't think it was.
        When found, rename all instances.
        When you then try to upload, Act will tell you some of your images are missing.
        Take careful note of the product urls, and reassign the jpgs.

Comment

Thanks for that.
          Dis a search and found a reference to it in subduirectory site upgrade. I deleted that, compacted the database......

Still I get the sanme error message GGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Did you check the additional files list?

Comment

Yes. Done that too.

Thanks everyone for your help. We have wasted too much time on this. I have gone back to an earlier back up and am curently re doing everything.

Thanks again

Comment

Alot of us simply don't bother to put images into subfolders just to ensure this silly error doesn't happen.

I have a huge site1 folder on my PC, which then matches the acatalog folder on the webserver. Untidy but effective.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                  Alot of us simply don't bother to put images into subfolders
                  Yep - not very elegant but it works

Bikster
                  SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Just one final thought (like many of us, I hate to be defeated )

You have deleted the images, but have you maybe overlooked the obvious, and deleted the image url from your products?

C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Site1\oceanic\3mmglove.jpg
                    C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Site1\typhoon\3mmglove.jpg

[Edit] - also - hidden stuff is still counted - ie you can't duplicate an image just because the original is hidden - you need to delete the hidden product and preferably then compact

Comment

• take a backup
                      • open up the catalogue MDB file,
                      • then open up the Products table and SEARCH for the offending item in the [Image FileName] column

a quick look across to the [Product reference] column gives you the offending item(s)

Comment

As touched on earlier I would say that the problem is not so much the file now but the references to it in Actinic. I would be inclined to export your catalog to a hierachal CSV rather than open the Actinic MDB file and perform a find and replace on the hierachal CSV before reimporting this.

I've had the same issue a few times but tend to just keep the filename but change the extension so one is .jpg and the other .gif

Hope this helps

PS. If you choose the hie csv option then make sure when you open in excel to do the following before saving as .csv and reimporting:

1. Delete the extra rows between header and content
                        2. Add a dummyheader column as the very last column of the csv and paste down with zeros otherwise excel will delete the excess commas

Comment

Agree with Jon, I'man experienced MS-Access user, so don't think too much about delving into the MDB file, but I keep forgeting the options of exports.
                          Try with the export first, its safer, you only have to identify WHERE the problem is, once you've identified the problem, then go back into actinic to make the changes

Comment

Working...
                          X