Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8 Catalogue theme question

Hi folks,

I downloaded the "catalogue" demo version yesterday to check out functions prior to purchase. Is it possible to change the colours to match into your own website with this version? It seems to me that only the programmes pre-designed themes and colour selections are available, which would make it hard to tie into a new site which is being designed for us.

If this is the case, in your experience which would be the best version to purchase that would allow me these options?

Thanks in advance,

Nick
    Regards,

Nick Churchill
    www.oliverslighting.co.uk
    Olivers Online Shop
    Working within SellerDeck V11

Actinic can link with Dreamweaver which will enable an exact match to your new website.

Comment

the best version to purchase that would allow me these options?
      All versions have the functionality to link with Dreamweaver so which version you pick depends on the functionality you require in the software eg if you want customer accounts then you need business.

Comment

BTW unless v8 has changed very recently, your download is all versions, and you can select whether to run your trial in Designer, Business or Catalog version each time you start up.

If you are going to sell Business to Business and need customer accounts and the ability to offer a variety of wholesale discounts, you will need the business version of Actinic.

You can change colours individually in either of the 'flavours'. Design, Themes - choose a theme, and then click Advanced Theme Configuration button in the bottom left.

[added] You can also use css to combine colour changes, layout and individual style options for any element of your site.
        Last edited by wjcampbe; 21-Dec-2006, 09:12 AM. Reason: add css info
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks Chaps.

I missed the Advanced Theme Configuration button which I can see now is what I was looking for, plus it's also mentioned in the guide!

We will primarily be selling directly to the end user, businesses tend to call us directly. I'm not looking to create a website with discounts etc. either, the simpler the better at this stage!
          Regards,

Nick Churchill
          www.oliverslighting.co.uk
          Olivers Online Shop
          Working within SellerDeck V11

Comment

Working...
          X